PDA

View Full Version : December 2010 visit and Fantasy Land Changes

wdwluv
01-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Newbie here. Just navigating my way around the site and found all the info about the HUGE changes/plans for Fantasy Land.

I'm wondering how much is going to be closed for our December 2010 visit??? Any educated guesses or input for me? Maybe I should reschedule??? (I have little ones so Fantasy Land is a MAIN destination)

Strmchsr
01-27-2010, 03:31 PM
:welcome: to Intercot!!

They have not announced an official time table for closures/changes on Fantasyland yet other than the new Fantasyland will be opening 2012-2013. My best guess, though, is Fantasyland probably won't be too impacted by this December. ToonTown may or may not still be open at that time, but Fantasyland should be fine. Other than Dumbo they won't be changing Fantasyland much. Just adding to it and doing away with ToonTown. As far as rescheduling...only if you want to wait until 2013. Things will pretty much be in a state of flux until then.

wdwluv
01-27-2010, 04:46 PM
Thanks so much....

oohhhh, so Toon Town IS going away? I was reading through everything and got confused. Is Mickey and Minnie's house going away then? (not terribly devastated...can still see them elsewhere of course)

Strmchsr
01-27-2010, 04:50 PM
oohhhh, so Toon Town IS going away? I was reading through everything and got confused. Is Mickey and Minnie's house going away then? (not terribly devastated...can still see them elsewhere of course)

Yep. The houses are going to be gone as is Donald's boat, Pete's garage, and the county fair pavilion. They are trying to think of a way to incorporate the Barnstormer by possibly retheming it, but nothing has been decided yet and it may still go. Mickey and Minnie will do their meet and greets elsewhere.

Terra
01-28-2010, 12:35 PM
Hello my friend!!! Glad you finally joined the board! Intercot is awesome! :)

I'm excited about these FL changes!! Looking very interesting! When are they expecting it to be done by I wonder?

Buttercup
01-28-2010, 12:48 PM
It is scheduled to be finished in 2013.
Even as Toontown is closed, and parts of Fantasyland may be undergoing changes, they will not close it entirely. All the rides (except for Dumbo which is just moving) are still going to exist so they won't shut down Fantasyland entirely.

disneykid@hrt
01-28-2010, 02:56 PM
My understanding was that most of the work would be taking place in areas NOT in Fantasyland first, then Toontown, and what little changes would be made to the existing Fantasyland would take place at the end. Like three phases... I think they are going to be trying to keep as much open and working as possible during the refurb. It won't be like a complete shutdown of Fantasyland.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I sure hope not.

Strmchsr
01-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrong. I sure hope not.

You're correct. There should not ever be (as far as anyone knows) a shutdown of Fantasyland or the majority of the rides within it. Dumbo will be the one most impacted.