PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Rates

ozmom
01-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Planning to go to Disneyland May 13th & 14th. Have been checking hotel rates for the 12th - 15th and am finding high rates for these dates both onsite and offsite. Does anyone know if there is something going on at this time to cause the higher rates. The rates I'm finding are higher than when we went at Thanksgiving time. Thanks for any input. :mickey:

NotaGeek
01-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Could be a convention or big group ... there's no way to tell other than trying to Google Anaheim Convention calendar for research. If both on site and off site are booked then odds are the rates won't come down. (I just checked and there is a HUGE national dentistry convention in town the 13-16th, so odds are that will affect all dates around there as people bring their families to hit the parks and other SoCal places)

robnadina
01-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Could be a convention or big group ... there's no way to tell other than trying to Google Anaheim Convention calendar for research. If both on site and off site are booked then odds are the rates won't come down. (I just checked and there is a HUGE national dentistry convention in town the 13-16th, so odds are that will affect all dates around there as people bring their families to hit the parks and other SoCal places)

This is such a good tip that is not stressed enough when planning a trip to DL. I dont always want to use my DVC points to stay on property and will pay to stay at a hotel or someplace nearby. When planning, I always check the convention schedule to see if anything is going to affect rates. Or to get an idea if its a convention where families will be along and it can affect park traffic as well.
As a matter of fact, if you want to stay at the resort and are flexible with your travel, call the reservations number and ask them if there is a cheaper rate for the same room another week. I have done this and it can be helpful when planning. Good Luck and hope you can make it!

ozmom
01-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the info. Hopefully I will be able to change the date of our trip. :mickey:

nicster
01-28-2010, 07:40 PM
A couple of reasons that the rates may be higher during that time is:
1. Food & Wine Festival at CA
2. Mothers day

:mickey:

dtootsie42
02-02-2010, 01:23 PM
Thanks for the tip about checking the convention schedule. It never would occur to me to check but it's sure to help in our scheduling trips.