PDA

View Full Version : Pixie Dust for dad

Meteora
01-27-2010, 11:21 AM
Hi everyone,
We recently found out that my dad has some cancer cells in his intestine, and today he is having a surgery to remove a section of it. We are hoping and praying that it has not spread, and will likely find out later today when they examine the nearby lymph nodes during the surgery. He'll be recovering for the next 4-6 weeks (I must say, he's not too disappointed to miss work), but is making it his goal to be ready for our scheduled trip to Disney at the end of March. I'd appreciate any pixie dust you can spare for my daddy.

Thank you all for being such a supportive community.

MNNHFLTX
01-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Prayers for a successful surgery and favorable test results. And I hope your dad's recovery is a quick one! :pixie:

RedSoxFan
01-27-2010, 11:24 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:

Joannelet
01-27-2010, 11:25 AM
Prayers to you and your dad!!! I too am hoping for positive results from this surgery!!!
Let him know that alot of people from all over the world are thinking about him!!! :)

deedeebee
01-27-2010, 12:32 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie:For the whole family:mickey:

ElenitaB
01-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Prayers and :pixie: for your dad!

Disney4us2
01-27-2010, 01:20 PM
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

laprana
01-27-2010, 02:37 PM
Sending prayers and :pixie::pixie: to your dad, you, and your whole family for a successful surgery, speedy recovery, good health news, and magical WDW trip!

vizsla
01-28-2010, 05:09 AM
Prayers and Pixie Dust on the way.

Meteora
01-28-2010, 10:26 AM
Thank you so much everyone. We're still waiting to get some tests back, but the surgery went very well and dad already is sounding good and positive. Thanks again; the pixie dust really worked!

Joannelet
01-28-2010, 11:02 AM
so glad to hear this!! Hope the test results come back good as well!!!!

MickeyMousse
01-28-2010, 02:36 PM

Best wishes and good thoughts to your dad.

laprana
01-28-2010, 04:26 PM
More :pixie::pixie: and prayers for a good outcome!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-07-2010, 08:01 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:Prayers & Pixie dust coming to your dad & your family for great test results, a speedy recovery and a fantastic trip. Have you heard anything further? Keep us posted.

crazypoohbear
02-07-2010, 10:28 PM
Sending lots of prayers and pixie dust.
I hope there is positive news and that your trip goes smoothly and everyone has a wonderful time.:mickey:
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Meteora
02-08-2010, 10:26 AM
Thank you all again; it means so much to me and my family to have such support. My dad is home now and is in great spirits. The good news is that his test results are clean--the cancer didn't spread to his lymph nodes. However, since it was an aggressive tumor, the doctors are recommending he look into further treatment options (i.e. chemo) just for "insurance." So he will be meeting with a couple of oncologists over the next few weeks and making a decision about what he wants to do. In the meantime, I've gotten him the Imagineering Field guides for Epcot and the MK through the local library, and he's happily reading away and looking forward to our trip. His doctors don't see any reason he can't do it, so for now it's a go!

laprana
02-08-2010, 10:35 AM
That's great news! What a wonderful thing to celebrate when you're on your trip! Keeping the :pixie::pixie: coming for any upcoming treatment he has to have and for a fantastic trip for your family!

mrsgaribaldi
02-09-2010, 10:00 PM
Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Loads of :pixie::pixie::pixie: and prayers on the way.

i

PirateLover
02-09-2010, 10:53 PM
I am also sorry I didn't see this sooner. The power of pixie dust helped my father recover from his own cancer surgery!!! :pixie: on the way for a full recovery!!!