PDA

View Full Version : Wild By Design Tour

Wishmaker
01-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Has anyone experienced this tour? I am considering going on this one since it is the only tour that my DD can go on that looks interesting. Any feed back you have would be fabulous.

Tick-Tock
01-26-2010, 10:09 PM
My DH and I really enjoyed it. One of the most fascinating parts was learning how all the attractions in Asia fit together, story-wise. And the guide pointed out a lot of details we wouldn't have noticed otherwise that have added to our appreciation of AK.

Be sure your DD has something showing her age. Our other AK tour (Backstage Safari) was held up for a half-hour while two sets of parents tried to argue their way around the ID requirement for their teenagers (unsuccessfully).

Wishmaker
01-27-2010, 07:22 AM
Hmm, Thank you for the id tip. What would I bring to prove that? She doesn't have an ID, would we bring maybe our itinerary that shows our names etc. at the end of her name it shows she is 14.
I always wondered how that knew the age of your children when it comes to the tours.
Thanks for the tips, we are so excited! This has been the only tour of interest that my daughter and I could do becuase of her age.

DNS
01-27-2010, 09:26 AM
We did this tour a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. There is a lot of trivia they give you. I would ask about ID when you call do make your reservations for the tour.

Tick-Tock
01-27-2010, 11:22 AM
Hmm, Thank you for the id tip. What would I bring to prove that? She doesn't have an ID, would we bring maybe our itinerary that shows our names etc. at the end of her name it shows she is 14.
I always wondered how that knew the age of your children when it comes to the tours.

I'm sure the itinerary won't be sufficient (that's just based on info you gave anyway, isn't it?).
You're going to need something official. Probably a birth certificate if she doesn't have a state-issued ID. I'm not sure even a school ID would work (it won't for the Give a Day, Get a Disney day program).

Jodi
07-12-2010, 08:30 PM
Why the age limits on the tours? My youngest dd is 15 and some of the tours reqiure them to be 16? Why?

Simba 1
07-13-2010, 07:42 PM
The age requirement is so that magic is not spoiled for the children. The tours take you back stage where you might encounter cast members taking their break, characters without their costume heads on, parts of attractions in various states of repair, etc.

Granted, not much difference between a 15 and 16 years old, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

I took the Wild By Design Tour a couple years ago. It was very informative, but it is mostly "on stage". In other words, you don't go behind the scenes much. It's more about the story line of the attractions, the attention to detail, etc. That's probably why the age requirement is lower. Conversely, we did Backstage Safari last year and that was almost exclusively backstage with the animals and their keepers. We really enjoyed it, but I think that one does have the 16 year old age requirement.

I would recommend Wild By Design though.