PDA

View Full Version : How to get to AK Lodge from Port Orleans French Quarter

Davyjones
01-26-2010, 12:04 PM
Hey Gang,

So, my wife and I are staying at Port Orleans French Quarter after our cruise ( :mickey: ) and we are planning on going to AKL for dinner at the Boma one night. So what's the best way to get there since the buses from POFQ do not go to AKL? Go to Downtown Disney and connect there?

Thanks for any help crew! :thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
01-26-2010, 12:14 PM
It probably depends on when you're having dinner. If the Animal Kingdom is still open, we've found it easier to take the 5-minute bus ride there and then catch another bus from AK. If it's late and AK is closed, then you can go from AKL to DTD or any of the other theme parks - where you can grab another bus to POFQ. Have fun and enjoy your dinner at Boma - one of our favorites!

vicster
01-26-2010, 12:24 PM
We've gone to AKL for dinner from one of the parks - take the bus to AKL. When we left we took the bus to the Marketplace and took the boat to POFQ.

BigRedDad
01-26-2010, 12:56 PM
As others have said, hop the bus to AK and then AK to AKL bus. Afterwords, you can hop a taxi, go to another park, go to DTD.

EeyoresBestFriend
01-26-2010, 02:28 PM
Hiya ~

Putiing in my :twocents: !

I would take the bus to AK too if it's available - if not go to any other theme park first. DTD can be a loooong ride! :sleepin:

The other thing we noticed in December that was different from the Spring was that Kidani is now open so the bus stops there FIRST. So there are now two stops for AKL. So plan in the extra time and don't get off at the wrong place!! :D

Have a zebra dome for me!! :cloud9:

renecat
01-28-2010, 01:02 PM
You could go to the transportion center and then catch a bus to AKL or take the boat to DTD and hop a bus for the AKL. Then take bus back to DTD and another boat ride or bus to POFQ.

Davyjones
01-28-2010, 02:03 PM
Thanks gang! I appreciate all the info! :thumbsup: I guess I'll have to map it all out to see what the easiest way for my wife and I to go will be!

Thanks again! You guys are awesome! :mickey: