PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Plans

MickeyLovesMinnie
01-26-2010, 11:30 AM
I was thinking about planning a trip for the week of Thanksgiving and we have never visited the World on any holiday except for the 4th of July. Can somone give me some info on how the crowds are, is dining harder to get and do they have anything secial during that time? Thanks to all who answer!:turkey::pilgram:

LovinWDW
01-27-2010, 03:47 PM
We spent this past Thanksgiving in WDW and had a great time. The crowds grew as Thanksgiving day came closer but earlier in the week the crowd was light. We made ADRs for every evening. I would suggest calling at the 180 day window just to be safe. There were a lot of Christmas decorations up in all the parks and resorts. Thanksgiving is a sort of forgotten holiday in WDW. WDW goes from Halloween to Christmas overnight (I'm not kidding) Have a great time!:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
01-27-2010, 05:42 PM
Crowds will be very heavy as you get to Thanksgiving and packed on Thanksgiving day. I'd make srue to get ADRs early. They do have special thanksgiving meals at certain locations on thanksgiving, just ask the dining reservation CM for a listing

awaggett
01-27-2010, 08:29 PM
We were at Disney this past Thanksgiving as well. We arrived Tuesday afternoon and left on Saturday. I would say the parks were crowded, but definitely managable. On Thursday we had brunch at Chef Mickey's and made it to the Magic Kingdom by noon. We stayed until midnight, having dinner at Kona Cafe (we didn't have an ADR, and at the sushi bar, but off the Kona menu--it was awesome!). We rode everything we wanted and more (Splash 2 times in a row without getting off and the Barnstormer 4 times in a row!). Our longest wait was BTR at 50 minutes. We did skip Space Mountain. Friday we did AK and got everything in (including 2 shows) and left by 3:30, heading to Epcot. It was a great trip and it was great to see all the holiday decorations.

AdventurerKim
01-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Definitely get ADR's as soon as you can for that week, especially Thanksgiving Day which fills up very quickly. The crowds get worse the closer it gets to Thanksgiving, especially starting Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving Day. If you know how to navigate the crowds and use fast passes to your advantage, it's not so bad. We go at this time every year.

buzznwoodysmom
01-30-2010, 10:23 AM
We've been for Thanksgiving week twice, in 2007 and 2009. Both years were fantastic. The crowds were not nearly as bad as everyone had warned or as bad as we had expected. Our 2009 trip was less crowded than our 2007 trip, but both were fantastic. We had no problems getting all ADRs we wanted by calling or going online as soon as our window opened up. There really is nothing going on for the Thanksgiving holiday, as someone else mentioned Thanksgiving is almost a forgotten holiday. We did have a wonderful Thanksgiving day dinner at Cape May Cafe both years. The buffet was half seafood, their normal menu, and half Thanksgiving. It was very good both times. We enjoyed all the Christmas decorations. Its our favorite time to visit WDW. I think you'll have a great time.

seanyred
01-30-2010, 11:22 AM
We were ther this past November as well. We arrived the week before Thanksgiving and left the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. And as others have said the crowds grew and grew. The week prior the parks were practicly empty but when Sunday hit they were busy.