PDA

View Full Version : Flower and Garden Festival

DNS
01-26-2010, 10:39 AM
I was thinking that this usually ran through May and maybe even into June. Is it shorter this year, or is my memory failing me again? :confused:

laprana
01-26-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm not sure if it's shorter this year or if they are starting it earlier. But I do know for sure that they are ending it earlier than usual. :( In the past it has gone into the first few days of June.

We've gone every year in late May/early June for the past 5-6 years and always caught the tail end of the F&GF. This year we arrive May 23 and we will miss the festival by 1 week. I was so bummed when I saw that they were ending it a couple weeks earlier than they usually do! It's something I look forward to each year, so I'm disappointed I'll miss it this year.

Through the looking Glass
01-26-2010, 12:58 PM
From what I read, it's two weeks earlier this year. The events and music have been scaled back also.

faline
01-26-2010, 01:45 PM
I was thinking that this usually ran through May and maybe even into June. Is it shorter this year, or is my memory failing me again? :confused:

Your memory is not failing you. We've gone in the first week of June before when the Festival was still going on - although it was towards the very end.

DNS
01-26-2010, 04:48 PM
If there is one thing I really get ticked off about with Disney is unexpectedly dropping dates of special events. I went through it for Christmas celebrations the year before last and now this. We are going the end of May. We only go in May because of the F & G festival. Work schedules have to be planned early in the year and we cannot change them around. Fine if they want to extend something, but don't start late or stop early. It is so completely frustrating!

LVT
02-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Another disappointed patron. I can get there May
16/17 but not earlier. Maybe I will change to the
early winter season.

Polynesian Dweller
02-02-2010, 10:09 PM
Last year it started on March 18th and this year it's March 3. It's been shifted two weeks earlier not shortened.

CaptSmee
02-03-2010, 02:10 PM
It's a spring themed event, and I don't think of spring being in June...not even here in upsate NY!