PDA

View Full Version : Fastpasses

NH Disneyfan
01-25-2010, 05:37 PM
So, last week I got stuck behind Brazilian tour group leaders getting 50-100 fastpasses at a time. Soarin and Toy Story Mania were the rides. The leader stands at fastpass kiosk for 10-15 minutes and there's nothing you can do about it.

Anyone encountered this before? What gives, is this what fastpass is made for? FRUSTRATING!

Disney4us2
01-25-2010, 05:46 PM
Was there just one FP kiosk? Very irritating... I would have been frustrated too.

I know at Disneyland there are about 4-5 fastpass machines at the each attraction that offers one. I don't remember WDW though.

In my dreams
01-25-2010, 06:41 PM
A cast member was needed to make sure a few of those FP machines were "open" to the other guests. I would not have been happy, either:mad:

NH Disneyfan
01-25-2010, 07:44 PM
There were 4-5 machines, but if you've ever tried to get a Soarin or Toy Story Mania FP in the early morning, you know there's a line longer than the ride (LOL) to get the FP. With all those people, plenty of tour group leaders, luck would have it that every kiosk had one. Not very nice.

LVT
01-25-2010, 08:45 PM
CM needed. I think I have seen CM's open the fastpass machines and count them out for the tour
guide rather than tie it up. I am not sure how I feel about that kind of group in a standby line either. Peer pressure seems to reduce IQ as much
as it raises spirits.

KylesMom
01-25-2010, 10:06 PM
We see many tour groups such as this in late July. Typically the CMs keep an eye out and direct them to one or two FP machines. The CMs are also good about holding back the groups until all other guests have been accommodated into the FP lines. We've never seen all of the FP machines commandeered by these groups at once - that would be just wrong.

BigRedDad
01-26-2010, 08:22 AM
I would have grabbed the fast passes and blended into the crowd :number1:. j/k

It is completely rude to do that. A CM needs to be present and make the person leave after about 5 or 10.

Imagineer1981
01-26-2010, 11:34 AM
The tour groups are an interesting problem. They have just as much right to FP as anyone else. Personally I would rather them have one tour group leader as stated by another poster at one machine with 50 passes then 50 people trying to use all the machines. We all know that people have trouble with FP machines so I think 1 person getting them causes less issues, then its just a matter of time and there are always like 5 other machines to use for everyone else.

joanna71985
01-26-2010, 04:29 PM
It is completely rude to do that. A CM needs to be present and make the person leave after about 5 or 10.

That isn't allowed, unfortunately. The tour guides are allowed to use the machines too. Each FP attraction has several machines. The best thing to do is just go to another machine.

Joannelet
01-26-2010, 05:49 PM
wow that is awful and I think there needs to be a limit on how many one person can get for their entire party. I wonder where the cm was for this? !

Buttercup
01-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Well, everyone is allowed to get a fast pass if they have a park ticket. So you can't really be angry about them all getting fast passes. There can't be a limit imposed if everyone's got a park pass.
However, common courtesy would dictate that they should leave a couple machines open for other guests to use. That must have been frustrating.

joanna71985
01-26-2010, 07:55 PM
wow that is awful and I think there needs to be a limit on how many one person can get for their entire party. I wonder where the cm was for this? !

I'm sure there was a CM there. But they can't prevent the tour guides from using the machines.

Well, everyone is allowed to get a fast pass if they have a park ticket. So you can't really be angry about them all getting fast passes. There can't be a limit imposed if everyone's got a park pass.
However, common courtesy would dictate that they should leave a couple machines open for other guests to use. That must have been frustrating.

Each FP attraction has several machines (TSM has 6 machines). So there should have been other machines open.

NH Disneyfan
01-26-2010, 08:02 PM
There were other machines, with long lines. you wait in line, then realize when #2 that the person at the machine has 50 tickets. So, if you move the risk is being 7, 8, 9 in line and another tour guide in front. Or you go to the start of a VERY LONG line at TSM. Both times, all machines were very, very busy. It was depressing to get all the way to #2 and see that person stand there for a LONG time.

There were cast members, but they were fixing machines, helping people, overseeing. At TSM they actually closed the FP machine the tour guide was at, but that didn't help me avoid her.

Beware......

Altair
01-26-2010, 08:07 PM
The CM's do have the ability to print FastPasses without a ticket. Maybe not that many at a time.:mickey:

joanna71985
01-26-2010, 08:10 PM
The CM's do have the ability to print FastPasses without a ticket. Maybe not that many at a time.:mickey:

That technically is not allowed, in this example.

Seasonscraps
01-26-2010, 10:30 PM
The tour groups are an interesting problem. They have just as much right to FP as anyone else. Personally I would rather them have one tour group leader as stated by another poster at one machine with 50 passes then 50 people trying to use all the machines. We all know that people have trouble with FP machines so I think 1 person getting them causes less issues, then its just a matter of time and there are always like 5 other machines to use for everyone else.

I agree - I would prefer one or two people getting a pile of FP rather then a group of 50. They could ask group leaders to let the CMs know they are grabbing a lot of FPs so they can give other guests the option to wait on other lines. But every person with a park ticket is entitled to get a FP.

#1donaldfan
01-27-2010, 11:48 AM
...we had the pleasure of being there one year with those groups .....we would see the flags comin' and we would head in the opposite direction...thank goodness they were staying at a value....!!!!:mickey:
.....I do agree with most that they have a right to the machines as well....:cool:

MOJoe
01-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Something similar happened to me last year at Test Track. There was a long ling for fastpasses late in the afternoon. As my son and i were in line the CM tells everyone that the fastpass machines could quit at any moment. There would be no more fastpasses for the day. We waited our turn and were next to getting to the machine, when the lady in front of us pulled out dozens of tickets. :thedolls:
Of course she and her group got the last fastpasses for the day and my son and i were out of luck. (For those of you who have read some of my trip reports, you know this is highly unusual as Young Indy is Very lucky!)

Was i frustrated? Yes!
But did the lady in front of me do anything wrong? No.
That is how the system works. I was in an unfortunate place in line. You can't fault anyone for getting group fastpasses. It would be nice if they warned you in advance. But with a language barrier, it most likely wouldn't happen. Stuff like that just happens.