PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Meal suggestions

missymouseworld
01-25-2010, 05:14 PM
If you were at Disney on Thanksgiving day, what restaurants would have traditional turkey dinner?

I LoveJack
01-25-2010, 07:18 PM
LTT has the turkey dinner with all the works.

In my dreams
01-25-2010, 07:51 PM
I think most of the sit-down restaurants have the traditional dinner. I 've gone to Cape May Cafe buffet in The Boardwalk Resort twice for Thanksgiving and it was very good both times. IMHO- stay out of the parks-crowd level will be very high

ElenitaB
01-25-2010, 07:56 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern has a traditional Thanksiving dinner every night of the year. With its colonial theme, it's a great idea to go there for Thanksgiving, and therein lies the problem. Everyone wants to go there on Thanksgiving Day and it gets extremely crowded!

Just about every restaurant in WDW (except for maybe the World Showcase restaurants) puts traditional offerings on their menu on Thanksgiving day. We went to LTT one year on Thanksgiving day itself and I don't think I want to subject myself or my family to that madness again (it was k-razy!).

missymouseworld
01-26-2010, 06:46 AM
We were planning on a resort/relax day on Thanksgiving day itself. Good to know that most restaurants will offer traditional meals. Thanks for the assistance.:mickey:

WishingStar2006
01-26-2010, 07:51 AM
I had posted this before when the trip was recent but find it note worthy on this post. Last Thanksgiving we had our "traditional" Thanksgiving dinner at the Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge. It had always been a dream of mine to have Thanksgiving there. WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!!! It wasn't even real turkey but one of those turkey roll things. The best part of the meal was the salad. I DO NOT recommend Whispering Canyon for Thanksgiving!!!!

AdventurerKim
01-29-2010, 05:55 PM
I think every restaurant and food court in the hotels has a "traditional" turkey dinner at lunch and dinner. We go to Cape May Cafe for Thanksgiving dinner, and it is always great! Nothing says Thanksgiving like turkey and clams!

buzznwoodysmom
01-30-2010, 10:33 AM
We've had Tday dinner at Cape May Cafe twice now and it was excellent both times. Our last time was this past Nov. and it did not disappoint. Half the buffet was seafood, and the other half all Thanksgiving. The desserts were amazing as well.