PDA

View Full Version : Forgot how Fastpass Works...

darthmacho
01-25-2010, 04:02 PM
Okay, it will have been 7 years in August since we've been to WDW, but luckily we're finally going back this year, and it will be the first time for my little one, and the second for my older one...

Anyway, I forget how fastpass works, and I just have a few questions about it. Thanks in advance to anyone who provides answers!

1. In order to get 4 fastpasses for my family, do we all need to stand in line and enter our cards? Or can one person obtain 4 fastpasses for the entire family?

2. Is the card also our room key since we're staying on property? Will our kids even have one of these?

3. I know you can't use the fastpass before the scheduled time, but if my fastpass says 3-4pm, is it true I can still get on at 5pm?

4. Can I be holding fastpasses for say, ToT, and then get another set for RnR? Back in 2003, we got shut out of Mission Space fastpasses because we had them for Test Track. What are the current rules?

5. Any other useful fastpass info? :mickey:

Stu29573
01-25-2010, 04:09 PM
1. In order to get 4 fastpasses for my family, do we all need to stand in line and enter our cards? Or can one person obtain 4 fastpasses for the entire family?

You can stand in line with all of your family's cards

2. Is the card also our room key since we're staying on property? Will our kids even have one of these?

Yep, they are one in the same.

3. I know you can't use the fastpass before the scheduled time, but if my fastpass says 3-4pm, is it true I can still get on at 5pm?

You can, but depending on who you talk to it may be frowned upon

4. Can I be holding fastpasses for say, ToT, and then get another set for RnR? Back in 2003, we got shut out of Mission Space fastpasses because we had them for Test Track. What are the current rules?

There is some overlap, but I'm not sure how much...

5. Any other useful fastpass info? :mickey:

I hope this helps!

KylesMom
01-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Has it really been that long? WOW!

One person can get FPs for your whole group, but for each FP you get, you have to have a room key or park ticket in hand to put in the FP kiosk. Don't forget your park tickets, and don't forget the FPs that will pop out of the bottom of the machine!

Yes, if you've ordered tickets with your room, your park tickets will be on your room key. And yes, your kids will have one also.

As far as when you can use your FP, most CMs will allow you to gain access to the attraction, even if your time has "expired". However, there have been sporadic reports of CMs not honoring the expired FP on more popular attractions, such as Toy Story Mania.

There will be a notation on the FP that you have in-hand which will tell you when you can get another FP. Typically you'll be able to get another FP within two hours of the first one. Oftentimes you'll be able to get another FP sooner, but it all depends on how the FPs are being utilized that day. Note that the more popular the ride, the longer your wait will be between FPs.

Useful information? Get one as soon as you walk into the parks! :mickey:

One last thing. You should know that FPs can and will run out for the most popular attractions earlier in the day. This includes, but is not limited to Toy Story Mania, Soarin', etcetera. If there's something you really want to ride, grab the FP earlier than later - we've noticed that these FPs in particular usually run out for the day by around noon.

Scar
01-25-2010, 06:34 PM
Here's a new tip I just learned today.
(http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=166419)
Don't forget your park tickets, and don't forget the FPs that will pop out of the bottom of the machine!I have twice found keys on top of the machine. There should be a CM close by to give them to if you find one.

A little :offtopic:, but, I think you can deny charging privileges on your kid’s room key. Just tell them at check in before they produce your keys.

#1donaldfan
01-26-2010, 12:54 PM

Nope, just one with all the cards / tickets

yes and yes

yes you can, even later on the same day !

Yes, you can have more than one FP, but you can't get the second till after the time indicated on the very bottom of the 1st FP..

no other tips, just have fun !!