PDA

View Full Version : Captain EO

FamilyBand1
01-25-2010, 04:01 PM
With Captain EO playing for a limited time in Disneyland, does anyone know if they'd add it to EPCOT, too?

MNNHFLTX
01-25-2010, 04:11 PM
I've heard rumors about it, but definitely nothing concrete. Personally, I know it may seem dated, but would be a welcome replacement (at least for a while) for the tired Honey I Shrunk the Audience at Epcot.

Stu29573
01-25-2010, 04:11 PM
As for right now it's strickly a DL deal...

minnesotafreeze
01-25-2010, 08:11 PM
When I heard the rumors that Captain EO may return to Disney World I was excited because I liked that show so much as a kid. Well after watching the show on You Tube recently I really hope they never bring it back. It just ones of those things that needs to stay in the 80s because it is embarrassingly dreadful now.:mickey:

Imagineer1981
01-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Agreed. I own it on DVD, and I can't believe it was ever a Disney show in a park. I know its classic and nostalgic but its terrible!

bruin1344
01-26-2010, 12:57 PM
When I heard the rumors that Captain EO may return to Disney World I was excited because I liked that show so much as a kid. Well after watching the show on You Tube recently I really hope they never bring it back. It just ones of those things that needs to stay in the 80s because it is embarrassingly dreadful now.:mickey:

same here, i hope it doesnt temporarily replace a current attraction

MNNHFLTX
01-26-2010, 01:10 PM
Agreed. I own it on DVD, and I can't believe it was ever a Disney show in a park. I know its classic and nostalgic but its terrible!Well, I have fond memories of watching it when it originally came out. It's true the look is undoubtedly retro at this point, and the special effects (for 3-D) probably don't play out very well on DVD. Think of how entertaining Honey I Shrunk the Audience would look like if it weren't played on a movie screen and in 3-D (can you tell I'm tired of Honey I Shrunk the Audience?)

Iluvpooh
01-26-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm not a fan of either show. unfortunatley it seems that DL makes less money and has lower attendance and most of that attendance is passholders and residents, but it seems they tend to get the newer/better stuff. Go figure.

ransam
01-27-2010, 09:41 AM
I have to add to this. I think it's a bad idea. If MJ hadn't sadly passed away, would Disney even be considering this? I think it's sad Disney is capitlizing on someone's passing....

btw, i have seen the show, and i thought it was kind of lame then, and don't think many of the kids of today w/ all their computer games, and 4-D films, etc....will relate.

brownie
01-27-2010, 06:32 PM
I hope not. I like Honey, I Shrunk the Audience so I'd much rather that stayed.

RAIDER
01-31-2010, 02:09 AM
Whe i first started on this site many moons ago,alot of people were always going on about Captain EO ,and i was always to afraid to ask wht it was all about :blush:

I finally managed to see it on Youtube a year ago or so .AND

This has dated so much ,i know if i went to a Disney theatre and it was part of a attraction and saw it i would be shaking my head in disbelief that something so embarrassing was passed by the imagineers / board ..

This is best left in Neverland if they decide to go down that route to make it as a MJ park

Mrs Bus Driver
01-31-2010, 11:24 AM
In all fairness we all know MJ was a troubled person. Whatever you may think of him, he was talented and famous. For DL not to do something after his passing when he was such a big part of DL history would be just as offensive to many people. This is most likely the only thing they can do (please remember they are not giving him a permanent window on Main Street) and if we are lucky when the show has finished its limited engagement it will be replaced with something newer then “Honey I Shrunk the Audience”. :mickey:

MegaDisney
01-31-2010, 02:15 PM
Just to clarify this engagement is at Disneyland only.

While dated and cheezy, for a lot of us this is nostagia.

I cannot imagine watching it on DVD or You Tube, you really need to experience it in a "4D" theatre to fully enjoy it.

It would be like watching Honey I Shrunk The Audience on your TV.

LoriMistress
01-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Agreed. I own it on DVD, and I can't believe it was ever a Disney show in a park. I know its classic and nostalgic but its terrible!
But you have to love the awesomely bad!

mjaclyn
01-31-2010, 10:33 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing it again in WDW but would prefer Disney to bite the bullet and permanently replace Honey I Shrunk the Audience. If they put Captain EO in that theater it would be temporary, at best. With all the awesome 3D movies out now Disney should (and could) do something really spectacular. Let's hope!

FamilyBand1
02-15-2010, 09:50 AM
It WAS bad, but the nostalgia of something from early EPCOT would be a nice change for a limited time. I'm really tired of HISTA. It'd be nice if they'd spend money on changing that instead of spending God knows what on that stupid Stitch stage in TL... which now just shows ads for stuff in TL!