PDA

View Full Version : Musing about a Mid November Trip

Stu29573
01-25-2010, 03:09 PM
We were kind of planning a pre Christmas trip for 2010, but then my daughter had a baby on December 17 of this year, so that means we would miss his one year birthday if we went then (absolutley no way). Therefore, I was thinking about November 17-24 instead. Can somebody give me the scoop on this time of year? You know, crowd levels, what decorations are up, if there are any holiday things started yet, etc? Thanks in advance!

tys_mommy
01-26-2010, 08:31 AM
I believe this is the week before Thanksgiving - this is a busy time - but any time in Disney is great.

Stu29573
01-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Thanks!
How would the crowds compare to mid June?

KAT1811
01-28-2010, 10:02 AM
We were there last year from Halloween until the 18th and the crowds were great. Minimal waiting and perfect weather. June is insane! it may get busier towards the end of your vacation as the Thanksgiving crowds roll in but other than that you should be fine. The Osborne Family light show is going on then and it was AMAZING!!! I loved it!

I recommed trying to get an ADR for late afternoon/early evening at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano. By the time you get out of the restaurant it's dark and the light show is going on right around the corner.

P.S. - How wonderful that you are rearranging your trip to be home for your grandson's first birthday! My in-laws were in Puerto Rico for the birth of our son. Heaven forbid they inconvenience themselves! Sorry had to vent a bit! :blush:

Stu29573
01-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Thanks for the info! This is actually working out better than I thought! :thumbsup:

Yeah, if I missed Ayden's first b-day, I'm sure teh guilt would crush us all!!!:blush: