PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Something New

KAT1811
01-25-2010, 10:15 AM
We are Disney nuts just like everyone else here but we try to fit in at least one new restaurant each trip. We are a group of 10 at our largest including our four children [DD 13, DD 5, DD 3, & DS 1] Here is what we are planning for our upcoming October trip but I am looking for some suggestions:

1900 Park Fare (dinner)
Yachtsman Steakhouse (DH's favorite restaurant on property)
Tutto Italia (2 times)
Portobello Yacht Club
Crystal Palace (breakfast)
Whispering Canyon Cafe
Le Cellier
'Ohana
Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano
Olivia's

We are fairly easy to please. My father is the only picky on amongst us but he can always find something even if it is a burger (his favorite food)! We are also AP holders and have the Tables in Wonderland so to optimize the program I would like to stick to those eateries that accept the card. Thank you for all your fabulous suggestions in advance!

:thanks:

mickeymousedabomb
01-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Well you have great selections already! We just went in Nov and ate at Tony's in MK for the 1st time and thought it was great! We ate lunch there on Thanksgiving Day and decided it will be a place we'd go to again but for dinner maybe. If you could ask to sit in the sun room they have it is just so pretty. Actually there was a large family in there for lunch the same time we were. The food was very good we thought and our server Sarah was wonderful(we even got a pix with her)! Maybe this will be a new fav for your family too! Good luck!

SBETigg
01-26-2010, 09:33 AM
I have no idea what restaurants are on Tables in Wonderland, or which ones you have already tried. And are you looking for Signature dining or prefer not, or no preference?

But, I like:

Grand Floridian Cafe
Chefs de France
Boma
Flying Fish (S)
Narcoossee's (S)
California Grill (S)
Jiko (S)
Citricos (S)

And I really want to try:
Kouzzina
Sanaa (view of animals)
Yak & Yeti

So these are a few to consider perhaps.

KAT1811
01-26-2010, 09:50 AM
And are you looking for Signature dining or prefer not, or no preference?

No preference on the signature or not. I was thinking about doing California Grill again. We enjoyed it but haven't been in a couple of years. Out of Citricos, Narcoossee's and California Grill which one would you choose?

SBETigg
01-26-2010, 10:18 AM
No preference on the signature or not. I was thinking about doing California Grill again. We enjoyed it but haven't been in a couple of years. Out of Citricos, Narcoossee's and California Grill which one would you choose?

It's a toss up between California Grill and Narcoosee's. Citricos was good, too, I just prefer the others a bit more. California Grill and Narcoossee's are my two favorites at WDW.

KylesMom
01-26-2010, 10:40 AM
You're hitting five of our must-do repeats on your trip. :D

My family has also been trying to find a few new places this year. Like you, we're trying to get the most "bang for our buck" with the TiW card.

We always try to add no less than one, usually two per trip. We're giving 50's Prime Time and Liberty Tree Tavern lunch a try this time around. Although T-Rex isn't included in the TiW group of restaurants, we're also trying that one, too.

diz_girl
01-26-2010, 12:51 PM
But, I like:
Grand Floridian Cafe

I agree. That's the one restaurant that immediately came to mind when I saw this thread. I don't normally see it on anyone's list of ADR's, but it's consistently good and provides great service. I think that it just gets overshadowed by the multiple signature restaurants and the character buffet. I've had breakfast there twice and I hope add lunch or dinner there the next time I visit WDW.

bruin1344
01-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Some of my favorites not on your list: Teppan Edo, Rose & Crown (plan your reservation near Illuminations), and Cape May Dinner Buffet