PDA

View Full Version : Seven Tips for Dealing with Rope Drop & Toy Story Mania

MaxPower
01-24-2010, 11:13 PM
I've noticed several posts recently about the madness that is Toy Story Mania right after Rope Drop each day at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

I thought I would present a few tips for anyone interested in this daily morning experience.

Disney's Hollywood Studios typically opens at 9AM each day.

There is always a crowd of a couple hundred people waiting at the entry turnstiles.

They are spread out into nearly 15 lines.

TIP #1 The entry line on the far right is usually shorter. Why? There is a sign above it that says it's The Cast Member Entrance. However, any guest may use it as well. Many people avoid this line because they think they can't use it. Chances are you will get in a bit more quickly if you use this line.

Once you are in, you make your way down Hollywood Blvd. and you are told to stop at the intersection with Sunset Blvd. The crowd that gathers here will be huge and unorganized. I will refer to this large gathering group as The Mob. This is where the rope will drop to allow everyone into the park.

TIP#2 Try to stand on the far right side in The Mob as you wait for the rope drop. Once The Mob starts moving, you will be in a good spot once you reach Toy Story Mania.

Once the rope is dropped and the mass of people heads toward Toy Story Mania, you will see that you will generally have to walk across the park near all of those you just stood at the rope with because the entire mob will be lead by several Toy Story Mania cast members.

TIP#3 You may NOT try to get in front of the cast members. They will tell you to stop and get back into The Mob. They will not let anyone break away from the pack. So you will be forced to walk at the cast member pace to the attraction.

TIP#4 The stairs next to the Chinese Theater are a quicker way to get to Toy Story Mania, HOWEVER, you may not use them. You must stay with The Mob. There are cast members standing guard at the stairs to tell you to get back into The Mob if you try something clever.

Before you reach the entrance to Toy Story Mania, you will reach the Fast Pass machines on your right. There will be utter confusion at this point. People on the left of the Mob will try to cut across to the right side once they realize both the entrance and fast passes are on the right.

TIP#5 Get a Fast Pass immediately upon seeing the Fast Pass machines. It will only take you a minute or two if you are one of the first people there. Your Fast Pass will be good in one hour.

TIP#6 Don't forget that the Fast Pass Machine has an exit behind it. You can get your Fast Passes and then just take two steps forward to go behind the machine and then exit. Most people obtain their Fast Passes and then instictively turn around to fight their way back out through the people behind them.

TIP#7 After you get a fast pass, go directly into the regular standby entrance for Toy Story Mania. There may be a log jam right at the entrance, but once inside, you will walk through the entire queue with little to no wait. ( Well worth it because it is one of the best queues in Walt Disney World- and you do not see most of it when you enter as a Fast Pass rider.)

If you are at the Studios for Rope Drop and use these tip[s, you will be able to ride Toy Story Mania twice in the first hour of the day - and considering that only two hours later, the wait will be close to 90 minutes, it's worth the effort.

Hope this helped anyone who wanted a detailed description.

Now keep shootin!

Rekenna
01-24-2010, 11:18 PM
Good tips! I will try this out on our next trip. It's just DH and I so we don't have to worry about a stroller or having any of our peeps run over. We will progress in a nice, orlderly and calm fashion!:mickey:

Dsnygirl
01-24-2010, 11:24 PM
:mickey: I can verify that these tips are PERFECT, as it's exactly what we've done, and it's worked like a charm every time. Thanks for sharing -- it makes the morning at DHS a lot more enjoyable!! :thumbsup:

Suz36
01-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Thanks! We'll give this a try in May. When you exit behind the FP machines, do you go left or right? Is there a CM there directing you?

Dsnygirl
01-24-2010, 11:58 PM
Thanks! We'll give this a try in May. When you exit behind the FP machines, do you go left or right? Is there a CM there directing you?

You'd go to your left... the machines are before the ride. And no, there's no CM directing you 'til you get over to the ride. But it's really clear -- you'll just walk "behind" the machines to the left, past the FP entrance, and continue on to the entrance to the line for the ride que.

Have fun!

fielin
01-25-2010, 05:03 AM
Wow ! This is a great post !
Thank you so much ! :number1:

BigRedDad
01-25-2010, 06:48 AM
These are good tips and they do not pertain specifically for TSM. They can be used for ToT and RnRC as well. The first half of my trip, I will do this with TSM. When my DW joins the second half, we will FP RnRC, get in standby, then ToT, then ride FP RnRC, standby ToT, then get FP for TSM.

clausjo
01-25-2010, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the tips! Me, my DS and DD will be there in 8 days (woo hoo!!) and we'll try this out. We've not done this ride yet and are very excited about trying it out. As people who generally don't do rope drops, what time should I plan on getting to the park to wait to go through the turnstiles?

Giggy
01-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the tips, Toy Story Mania is new since our last trip so it's a high priority for us this year.

Normally we've arrived after park opening, grabbed fastpasses for Rock & Rollercoaster and gone onto Tower of Terror. What we might do this time (aiming for rope drop) is just go into the standby for TSM right at the start, then proceed to our usual ToT/RnRC combo.

What are queues like for those two now (assuming it's morning, late August)? Are they worth fast passing at that time or if we decided we want to do TSM again would w ebe beter off getting a fastpass to go on this again later and just going into standby for ToT and RnRC?

MOJoe
01-25-2010, 10:35 AM
This is very accurate information.:thumbsup:
Of course everything depends upon being a part of the Mob that opens up the park. If you are able to do that, anything you want to do that day becomes much easier. You could, for example, go straight to Toy Story Mania, ride a couple of times, then get a fastpass for later. Or get a fastpass for TSM, ride or not ride, and make tracks to Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. Concievably, you could ride all the big three in the first hour or so. But only if you are one of the first few in the park.

g8rgirl29
01-25-2010, 11:38 AM
I would also like to add that the que that you are waiting in is awesome for photo's with your little ones and as much part of the ride for little ones. So, please refrain from loud groaning as parents try to obtain pics when there is clearly a line in front of said photo takers. Also no pushing said photo takers would be greatly appreciated!! If there were no line they would gladly let you fly by!! :) Remember we are at Disney and they have gone to great measures to make the ques enjoyable so let those that want to enjoy them do so.

MNNHFLTX
01-25-2010, 01:27 PM
I would like to add that unless you are in the very front of the crowds at opening a better option might be to bypass the Fastpass lines at Toy Story Mania and go directly to the standby line. Within minutes after opening, the Fastpass lines are often longer than the standby line, so you if you go through the standby line by the time you get off the ride the Fastpass lines are usually much shorter and you can get a Fastpass for later in the day to ride again.

hannahandkalebmom
01-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Thanks for all the great tips we are leaving for the world on friday.:woohoo:. We will use all the tips you gave. Thanks again!!

Tink#64
01-25-2010, 11:30 PM
Excellent tips! TSM is also new for us this year & this will completely change our touring pattern of DHS! I love new stuff at WDW! :woohoo:

:thanks:

tinksmom02
01-26-2010, 09:20 AM
I've noticed several posts recently about the madness that is Toy Story Mania right after Rope Drop each day at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

These were the exact steps I took on our last trip, and the plan executed itself brilliantly...

until we were in front of Mr. Potato Head and the ride had "technical difficulties" and we were forced to exit the queue.

TSM was shut down for the whole morning and into the early afternoon that day, so we never did get back to ride.

Figures, the ONE time we're at a park at rope drop, and I have my plan all laid our perfectly ;)

SBETigg
01-26-2010, 09:27 AM
I disagree with the tips, actually, as they are the sort of tips that would just add stress to my day. I would say to enter the park at or not long after opening and make your way to TSM at your own pace. Relax. Enjoy the atmosphere. Once you get to TSM, forget FP. The FP line is not worth rushing for-- unless you're one of the first in the crowd, the wait will be uselessly long. Just go to the Stand-By line.

At the beginning of the day, Stand By is usually 20-40 minutes- time which is much nicer spent with your family observing the queue atmosphere while waiting to ride then going crazy with separating and stressing out to be try to be first to the FP machine. Then you just go on with your day instead of worrying about waiting for FP and waiting in line again when everyone with the FP for your time shows up and your wait time is 20-40 minutes in the end anyway.

Iluvpooh
01-26-2010, 10:19 AM
I would also like to add that the que that you are waiting in is awesome for photo's with your little ones and as much part of the ride for little ones. So, please refrain from loud groaning as parents try to obtain pics when there is clearly a line in front of said photo takers. Also no pushing said photo takers would be greatly appreciated!! If there were no line they would gladly let you fly by!! :) Remember we are at Disney and they have gone to great measures to make the ques enjoyable so let those that want to enjoy them do so.
I would like to point out as a family photo taker, that in my opinion-It is perfectly exceptable to "skip" (walk past) those people who do stop to take pictures.
I also agree that I found it better to get in line first and then get the FP after we had ridden.
Thanks for the thread.:thumbsup:

Imagineer1981
01-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Great tips, thanks for sharing!!!

Joannelet
01-26-2010, 11:35 AM
I'd also like to say No running (cast members will stop you) and please KNOW how to get a fastpass before you get there. There is nothing like a person in front of you that has NO idea how to even retrieve a fastpass.
By the time they figure it out 5 15 minute increments have passed.

Granny Jill A
01-26-2010, 02:42 PM
Love the tips! And I also love the fact that CM's now "walk" you to the popular attractions in the morning. It's so much better than being trampled by the crazies.

Each time a new attraction goes on line, I recall that it won't be long before it's old stuff and the lines will be manageable one day.

bxrluv
01-26-2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks for the great tips and motivation to get my butt out of bed in the morning! We are so not morning people:coffee: and this is our first trip during peak time so we plan to maximize our morning time. The early bird gets the ride:thumbsup:

joanna71985
01-26-2010, 08:04 PM
One other tip- make sure your entire party is in the park when you go to get FPs. If the person hasn't used their ticket through the turnstyles, it won't work in the FP machines.

crmark1
01-27-2010, 11:43 AM
Is the rope drop being described at regular opening hours or extra magic early hours? Is one crowd at opening larger than another?

joanna71985
01-27-2010, 12:52 PM
Is the rope drop being described at regular opening hours or extra magic early hours? Is one crowd at opening larger than another?

It could be used for either. But typically the crowd at regular opening is larger.

rubato
01-29-2010, 09:01 AM
We just experienced this craziness for the first time last week. The tips are perfect. We had one older couple refuse to listen to all the CMs as they headed for those stairs at the Chinese Theater. The CMs would tell them to get back in the line and they would just so NO! Until they got to the stairs. The CMs created a hands linked road block and refused to let the couple through. Man were they mad! I, of course, enjoyed it immensely. :thumbsup:

pixiesmimi
01-29-2010, 10:08 AM
We did this on our last trip and got the FP first because we had heard they were gone quickly. Then we got into the Standby line. It was a little bit of a wait but we had so much fun (just DH and I) that we were glad we had the FP so we could go again. But, as said above, the FP line skips all the atmosphere. Glad we did the other first. And as a bonus, right across the street is the character photo line inside. You can go in and see all the characters at one time and have pictures taken. The earlier the better before the line gets long.

MNNHFLTX
01-29-2010, 11:44 AM
We did this on our last trip and got the FP first because we had heard they were gone quickly.

They do go quickly, but unless you want to ride again right away, you generally have time to go the standby route first and get fastpasses afterwards. For example, we got in the standby line first at 8:10 a.m. and by the time we got out the fastpass return time was for 11:45 a.m. (this was in early August). That was fine with us, as we were then able to go on Rock'n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror before our return time.

Another observation I forgot to add in my last post--if you send one member of your party to get fastpasses while you get in the standby line when the park opens, it's very possible that you will be too far advanced in the line for them to catch up with you by the time they get them (at least not without garnering a 1000 dirty looks). I saw one guy who was quite irate, talking with his family on the phone. By the time he got their fastpasses, they were already almost up to the front of the standby line, so he missed out on riding it with them on that go-round.

mouseketeer mom
01-31-2010, 09:41 AM
I will avoid this morning mob in the future. I hated the stress of this. We have been lucky enough to ride this on our past few visits, and won't even try very hard to get on this next time. If the wait time is not too long, we'll wait, if the return time for fastpasses works for us, we will do that. If not, we will simply pass on the ride on our next visit. Those mob scenes and I just don't get along! Too stressful!

Meteora
01-31-2010, 11:28 AM
Thanks for the tips! I have been trying to figure out how to work TSM into our usual DHS plan, which used to involve going straight to Sunset Boulevard and getting one FP each for TOT and RnRC for my sister (the rest of us won't touch them), then heading to TGMR for the first ride of the day.
Do you think we should still do this but bump it all to after one stand-by line trip through TSM, or should I send my sister ahead to do TOT and RnRC while I get FPs for TSM for the whole fam?

LoriMistress
01-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Great tips! Thanks for sharing.

MaxPower
02-08-2010, 02:54 AM
The cast members are very serious about not letting anyone run to the attraction.

Sometimes I think they enjoy it because it's the only time they are allowed to yell at guests.

Iluvpooh
02-08-2010, 05:43 AM
I was at rope drop yesterday and these tips are great if you want to be one if the first to ride in the morning or if you want to ride twice before lunch, but we did it a little different.

We left the mob and went straight to RnR and walked on then walked over to ToT with a 5 minute wait. By the time we got over to TSM, the FP lines were thined out and we got FPs for 11:45. Not bad really.

NJDad
02-08-2010, 06:22 AM
We did the CM march two straight mornings. First day they made it clear what the rule about staying behind them was, second day not so much.

Funny thing was, at least one of the CMs was the same exact guy who gave the spiel the first time.

WelshieLover
02-08-2010, 12:50 PM
We went through this process on Jan 27th. It was crazy. We unknowingly followed most of the tips with the exception of getting in line immediately after getting our fastpasses. Part of the problem was that getting our fastpasses was at least a 10 minute ordeal. Little did we know nor did the 3 people in line in front of us realize that the 1st person in our Fastpass line was a tour leader. She proceeded to get about 50 fastpasses for her tourgroup who had given her their tickets while they went off to ride Tower of Terror and Rock and Roll. By the time we got our fatspasses they were for 10:30 AM and the standby line wait was 40 minutes.

MaxPower
02-09-2010, 03:12 PM
The Fast Pass situation IS crazy. I think it's worth it to arrive early enough to be in the front of the mob.

You then get to be first to the Fast Pass machines. You can easily ride Toy Story Mania twice in the first hour of the day and ALSO acquire a Fast Pass for another ride in the early afternoon.

The way we usually do it is:

1) Enter with the mob
2) Get Fast Pass #1
3) Ride Toy Story Mania immediately using standby line
4) Leave and ride Rock N Roller Coaster- After we've done this, then our Fast Pass is now "active"
5) Go back to Toy Story Mania to ride a second time
6) Get Fast Pass #2
7) Ride other attractions
8) Use Fast Pass #2 later in the afternoon

This way we get to ride Toy Story Mania three times in one day with no more than a ten minute wait each time.

Goes4FastPass
02-09-2010, 03:49 PM
The tips are valid.

The whole set the alarm to get everyone up to make all the necessary transfers and time to go through bag check and turnstiles then up to the rope to wham slam push shove throw your stroller in a pile because if you slow down for a step all the Fastpasses for the whole day will be gone situation is unfortunate.

joanna71985
02-09-2010, 11:48 PM
The cast members are very serious about not letting anyone run to the attraction.

Sometimes I think they enjoy it because it's the only time they are allowed to yell at guests.

Actually, not really. I know most of the people at TSM don't like Rope Drop because of people getting crazy trying to run past, or run ahead to the ride (and then getting mad when the CMs ask them to stay behind the CMs).

And even then, CMs are technically not supposed to yell at guests.

MaxPower
02-15-2010, 03:45 AM
It's still fairly crazy once the mob of people starts moving en masse. Even though nobody can get in front of the cast members, there is still a lot of jostling once the rope is dropped as people practically run to get in front of the slower people pushing strollers as well as those who are there at rope drop and have no real plan regarding where they are heading.

There used to be A LOT of people who would head straight for Rock N Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. Now there are only a few who do so. These days, everyone is there early for Toy Story Mania.

crltkcagle
02-15-2010, 09:32 AM
Wow thanks for the tips!:thumbsup:

MaxPower
03-22-2010, 03:40 PM
No problem.

It's actually kind of funny to see the people there first thing in the morning who have one single goal in mind: GET TO TOY STORY MANIA

homeschool mom
03-22-2010, 07:08 PM
We did all those 7 things on our first trip to DHS after Toy Story Mania opened and we were able to ride twice the first hour there. :thumbsup:

Meteora
03-28-2010, 02:58 PM
Just wanted to say we used these tips this morning, which was officially the start of pre-Easter week. We got to the park at about 8:30 and moved to the far right of "the mob." The park opened 10 minutes early, and by 9 am we were riding TSM, having breezed through the line. Amazing!
Thanks so much, Intercotees! Couldn't have done it without you.

Gregandmel
03-28-2010, 03:28 PM
Out of curiosity - if our group decides to head straight to ToT & RNRC first instead of TSM, if I return to TSM in about an hour - do you think the huge "FP" group will be gone (meaning I won't have to stand in line for 30 minutes trying to get a FP?). We will be there on a Sunday at the end of April and there is NO Fantasmic showing that day OR EMH's in the am or pm. Hopefully if we wait until around 10am or so to get our FP, the return time won't be too awful. Thoughts anyone?

KatieN
03-28-2010, 08:01 PM
When we were there a week or so ago, we intended to get to HS for rope drop, but that just didn't happen. We got to TSM and got in line at 9:10, and the standby wait was already an hour, but the FP lines were so crazy we decided to just go ahead with standby. Since we had never done TSM before, the queue theming was interesting enough that the time really passed quickly, and it was worth it.

By the time we got off the ride, it was about 10:30, and the mob at the FP machines was gone (no lines at all). We went ahead and got FPs then with a return time of 4:30.

So, this whole story is to say that if you get over to TSM around 10:00, you should still be able to get FPs but they will be for later in the afternoon/early evening. If you plan to stay at HS most of the day, this shouldn't be a problem for you. Hope that helps!

Katie

MNNHFLTX
03-29-2010, 08:49 AM
Out of curiosity - if our group decides to head straight to ToT & RNRC first instead of TSM, if I return to TSM in about an hour - do you think the huge "FP" group will be gone (meaning I won't have to stand in line for 30 minutes trying to get a FP?). We will be there on a Sunday at the end of April and there is NO Fantasmic showing that day OR EMH's in the am or pm. Hopefully if we wait until around 10am or so to get our FP, the return time won't be too awful. Thoughts anyone?The queus at the Fast Pass machines will probably be gone if you come back at 10 a.m. or so. If you don't mind getting a Fast Pass for 3 p.m. or later, then that is a good option.

Gregandmel
03-29-2010, 10:48 AM
The queus at the Fast Pass machines will probably be gone if you come back at 10 a.m. or so. If you don't mind getting a Fast Pass for 3 p.m. or later, then that is a good option.

Thanks Beth. I think that's what we'll end up doing then. We'll be there most of the day and don't mind waiting - I just don't want to start our day off with "the Mob" - LOL.

MaxPower
05-10-2010, 12:58 AM
With the addition this month of the new Rex game - expect even longer lines at Toy Story Mania as the Florida regulars and Cast Members will be riding to check out something new.

My advice is to get to the Hollywood Studios first thing in the morning, ride twice in the first hour and never have to worry about a long wait.

Fastpasssteve
05-10-2010, 01:44 AM
Thank you for providing such detailed instructions. A good strategy is so important...especially during busy times.

Figment52
05-10-2010, 09:35 AM
In the past, we've always gone to ToT and RnRC first. Gotten a FP for one, and then gotten in the standby line for the other. How does this mob rush to TSM affect the lines for those two?

If we follow this plan to do TSM first, will the lines for ToT and RnRC be long by the time we get over there? And how soon can we get a FP for either ToT and RnRC if we've gotten one for TSM first?

The last trip, we ended up at TSM after the other two (about 10-11am) and the FP return was about 5pm that day. We really would like to do TSM, but without waiting around all day in a park we're normally done with by 3pm.

MaxPower
05-21-2010, 01:00 PM
When we go to Toy Story Mania using this plan- we always make sure that we are one of the first ones at the front of the mob.

This way, within two minutes of arriving at Toy Story Mania, we get our Fast Passes ( which we use one hour later). With Fast Passes in hand, we proceed directly through the standby line and get onto the ride with no wait .

After we exit the ride, we always go over to Rock N Roller Coaster. It is still very early at this point- the park has usually been open for about 15 mins - so we get in the standby line - and our wait has never been more than five or ten minutes.

When we exit Rock N Roller Coaster, we go over to the Tower of Terror- again: a minimal wait.

After riding those two- we go back to Toy Story Mania to use our Fast Pass from earlier. Upon exiting, we get another Toy Story Mania Fast Pass for later in the day.

This way we get to ride three major attractions in the first hour- plus we have a Toy Story Mania Fast Pass for the afternoon-- well worth arrivinng early.

MaxPower
06-07-2010, 12:51 PM
With the official start of the peak summer season and the addition of the new Rex and Trixie game in Toy Story Mania, cast members are reporting that the always-crowded attraction is experiencing even bigger crowds.

Get there early - it's worth it!

SelfmadeWade
08-05-2010, 02:45 PM
These are great tips! Clear and very helpful.

The last time we rode Toy Story Mania, we had to wait for nearly two hours.

I will be using these tips next time!

buzznwoodysmom
08-05-2010, 04:57 PM
If you plan to spend most of the day in the park the following plan has worked for us on the last several trips.

We always go toward ToT and RNRC first. We fastpass one and stand by for the other. Once we've ridden those two rides we head over and get fastpasses for TSM. Our fastpass return time is usually around 2pm. After getting our fastpasses we continue with other attractions in the park till lunch time. My family loves Sci Fi and request it on every trip and I usually try to get an ADR around 1ish so we often finish up lunch just in time for our TSM fastpass. If we've done everything else we want to do in the park we leave the park after TSM, which is around 2:30-3:00. This has worked for us since TSM opened. My family is just not fans of following the MOB.

edhunter28
08-07-2010, 10:16 PM
thanks for the tips its a lot smarter than just booking it to the ride like i usually do

MaxPower
08-21-2010, 11:16 AM
Here's some news:

There have been more than a small number of complaints that the Disney’s Hollywood Studios attraction Toy Story Midway Mania went down for maintenance right in the middle of summer. Not just that, but with Toy Story 3 still raking in big bucks at the box office, you would expect the attraction to be open for guests to experience a little of that synergy Disney is so famous for. So there must be a very good reason for it to be down right now.

August is technically Value Season, so the lighter crowds is a good time make some changes in the parks. Plus, with Star Tours going down in September, it’s a good plan to make any updates to the TSMM right now.

But wait? Didn’t they just add a new game? Indeed they did. And they did that overnight. This refurbishment is something more serious.

How serious? There were reports that a cast member was injured earlier in the year and this refurb is to implement changes, that is - gates, so that the same accident doesn’t occur again. They are now adding gates to the exit side of the loading dock. This will make sure that no guests or cast members could fall back into the track after the cars depart. My question is, how did Disney keep this so quiet? I don’t see anything about this injury on any boards.

The attraction is scheduled to return to operation August 28th, but check online to be sure it’s operating.

joanna71985
08-21-2010, 12:20 PM
I'm pretty sure there wasn't an injury (at least, I know people who work at TSMM, and I never heard anything). However, I would guess the gates are being built to prevent anything like that from happening

pixiesmimi
08-22-2010, 01:46 PM
I read before we went end of July, first of August that it was going to be closed right after we were there. We were glad it was stil open while we were there because DGDs had never been on it. It was the highlight of the day.

disneymom2000
08-22-2010, 03:34 PM
Thanks for the tip. Although by the time I get there in December, everyone will have read this post and it will be a mob to the right but I hope to be able to experience it this time around.:crowd:

SelfmadeWade
05-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Cantgetenuf's post about Toy Story Mania this morning made me think of this thread. These tips really helped us when we went to DHS on our last trip!

MrPeetrie
05-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Thank you for these great tips. We have never ridden TSM and are looking forward to it this October.

I have a question for rope-drop experts. We have never experienced a rope drop. How chaotic is it? Both my wife and DD8 hate claustrophobic crowds.

joanna71985
05-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Extremely

KatrinaJ91
05-15-2011, 08:20 PM
If you don't like big crowds, don't do rope drop then! We don't like that mob-feeling either. We go at our own pace. Nobody in my family is a morning person so we take our time in the mornings and get there...when we get there! We do go straight to TSM and get fastpasses and then continue on to everything else. We've gotten there as late as noon and still got a fast pass. This was last summer. The fast pass was for 6:30-7:30, but it worked out great! We did everything else we wanted to do and that was our final ride.

dizneydeb22
05-16-2011, 02:32 PM
Does anyone know what the wait is like for the Evening Extra Magic Hours? We plan on taking advantage of them this year now that our son is older.
Thanks so much!!!:wave:

joanna71985
05-17-2011, 07:07 PM
The wait can still get long during EMH (though not as long as during regular hours, as the FP line is not used).

T-Belle
05-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Thank you Max. My DD and I are going to be there in July and it will be the 1st time we'll get to go on TSM. I was having heart palpatations trying to figure out how to beat the crowds. Can't wait to put your plan in action!

Pop Centurion
05-18-2011, 10:57 AM
The wait can still get long during EMH (though not as long as during regular hours, as the FP line is not used).
Agreed. Last September we were too late for FP so we waited until EMH's & there was still a 40min wait. Keep in mind this was off season too.