PDA

View Full Version : Are Casey's hot dogs different?

the real Alice
01-24-2010, 09:37 PM
I've heard lots of people say how much they love Casey's in the MK. Are their hot dogs different than other CS hotdogs in the parks? Just wondering if we should make sure we have one from there instead of somewhere else.
Thanks!!

SBETigg
01-24-2010, 09:43 PM
I think part of it is the experience. There's a fixins bar. It's a great location, on the corner of Main Street. I haven't tried the dogs since they changed them. They used to be all beef, now they're a mix, apparently. I'm not sure how they measure up to other dogs at WDW, because I've only had hot dogs at Casey's. It's probably the only place I'm actually in the mood for a hot dog. It's just one of those Magic Kingdom experiences.

ibelieveindisneymagic
01-24-2010, 10:27 PM
I agree, I don't think I've had a hot dog anywhere other than Casey's.

They are quite yummy, and the whole package is just neat. The cheese sauce for the fries, the good fixin's bar, either eating outside looking at the castle, or inside watching old cartoons...just a perfect MK experience for my family.

jeromyanddana
01-25-2010, 02:23 AM
A Casey's hotdog is the only hotdog I will ever eat. I don't eat them at home but at MK I do & they are so very good. You have to try them to know the appeal!

kakn7294
01-25-2010, 08:31 AM
I don't think they're any different but there's just something about walking down Main Street and smelling the Casey dogs that makes me crave one. And that fixins bar is great!

Iluvpooh
01-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Thanks for letting me know that these were not all beef anymore. My DD is allergic to pork and we always stop by Casey's because we knew they were all beef. What a substandard way to save a little money.

SBETigg
01-25-2010, 09:56 AM
Thanks for letting me know that these were not all beef anymore. My DD is allergic to pork and we always stop by Casey's because we knew they were all beef. What a substandard way to save a little money.

I don't think they added pork. I believe it's turkey. They're trying to go healthier.

Tinkermom
01-25-2010, 10:00 AM

All hot dogs in WDW have now gone to a mix of beef and chicken - there is no pork.

magicofdisney
01-25-2010, 10:49 AM
Now that Casey's has changed their dog, I can't comment on this question specifically.

There used to be a hot dog cart near Minnie's house. One day we were hot, tired and hungry. We smelled those, bought some and they tasted fabulous. So either they were the same as Casey's, we were really hungry or both.

We've also gotten hot dogs at Epcot, across from Mission Space. I don't think they're the same as Casey's but they do have a good flavor. The only food sensitivity in my family is lactose intolerance, so I've never asked about ingredients.

WVParkfan
01-25-2010, 02:35 PM
I think it must be the sourkraut at the fixins bar that makes Casey's so great. That, and the baseball theme. It's just so perfect.

Stu29573
01-25-2010, 03:43 PM
This is a little off topic, but I sure wish people would stop messing with my food to make me more healthy...I like BEEF!!!:mad:

PETE FROM NYC
01-25-2010, 03:48 PM
We stopped there for dogs last September. IMHO, they are lousy hot dogs.
I do not think I have ever eaten a decent hot dog anywhere in Florida.

NH Disneyfan
01-25-2010, 05:41 PM
Had one last week. First time. It was okay, think I put too much ketchup on it. Plus, we were in a rush to get out of the park and the street party was causing all kinds of noise. :-)

I like Fenway Franks the best.....and I'll definitely have a Casey's the next time I'm there.

#1donaldfan
01-26-2010, 01:02 PM
Casey's is a must do....the last one I ate was in June, and if the change was post that, I hope they're as good as before......we always get a side of chili for ours.....it's 90% atmosphere, 10% dog....I'm sure....!!!:cool:

ljgirl
01-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Does anyone remember the special buns they served their hot dogs on in the 70's???? They were so good!

Carolanne
01-26-2010, 07:31 PM
I used to love Casey's, now not so much.

I was in WDW with my mom 9/19 to 9/25. We would always get Casey's at least once during our trips & this trip we saved it for our last day. We got our dogs, sat down, & dug in. I thought my hot dog tasted a little off. When I got home I found the news article that announced WDW changed their hot dogs the week I was there (9/21?), and there was no official announcement. I was not pleased.

Does anyone know if they changed their buns? The bun was totally falling apart, and that was before I added my fixin's. Maybe it was just too fresh, lol :D I don't know, the bun just seemed different.

I appreciate that healthier options need to be provided, but...if I'm eating a hot dog, chances are I'm not aiming to be healthy at that particular time.

SandmanGStefani24
01-26-2010, 09:27 PM
i think Casey's dogs are the best I've ever had!

Not sure if they're the same, but we're gonna find out when we go.

biodtl
01-27-2010, 10:19 AM
We love Casey's, but I will admit - it's more the experience than the food. The dogs are good, but there's something special about sitting outside, listening to the sounds of Main Street (or sitting inside and watching vintage cartoons) that makes them better.

#1donaldfan
01-27-2010, 11:55 AM
We love Casey's, but I will admit - it's more the experience than the food. The dogs are good, but there's something special about sitting outside, listening to the sounds of Main Street (or sitting inside and watching vintage cartoons) that makes them better.

......that's totally it !! We love squeezing in around a small table (5 of us), eating away, while watching the random people walking by...:mickey:

Altair
01-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Does anyone know what brand the all-beef hot dogs were? :eat:

DigitalDaredevil
01-29-2010, 05:02 AM
Yuck, I prefer beef hot dogs. If I am going to eat something that is junk food like a hot dog, I may as well enjoy it.
Disney had been cutting corners with their food the past few years in the name of profits. It just makes me eat less in the parks.

JoDisney
01-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Casey's to me was always about the toppings and the atmosphere. My family always go to Casey's at the end of evening when everyone is heading to the park exit. It is just automatic for us. We couldn't wait to get our hot dog. Some would get sauerkraut, some would get chili, or some would get just mustard or ketchup topping. We did not get the "new" nutritional hotdog. You say it started September 2009? I do not know what a chicken and beef dog would taste like. (One article I read said there is some pork in the new hot dog too. I'd like to know definitely what is in the new hot dog.) I hope it is not too bad. I do enjoy our night time ritual and Casey's atmosphere.

DakotaDisney
01-29-2010, 06:57 PM
I have had a few hot dogs at Casey's and I thought they were good. I don't remember them being better than anywhere else though in or out of WDW.

I would think though that a hot dog at WDW would be the same everywhere at WDW, unless one place fixes it differently by grilling it or something of if the another place sells vegetarian dogs or something. I would think that Disney would have one vendor for all their hot dogs, so they would all be the same. Cheaper and easier that way.

eandrsmom
01-30-2010, 09:10 AM
I really hope that the hot dogs are just as good as before. We always make sure that we include Casey's in our vacation planning. We love the toppings bar, especially the cheese for the fries. My kid's love sitting in the "bleachers" and watching the tv. I don't know if it's the taste of the actual hot dog, or the atmosphere, but we would be dissapointed if we didn't include it in our trip.

SillySymphony
01-30-2010, 10:31 PM
What a great thread...! I'm sending a sample to Dr Brainard over at the Imagination Institute because I'm positive there's something addictive about these dogs.... Seriously, my first experience came on an E-Night a long while ago... We were exhausted and it was nearly 2 a.m. BUT dang if those doggies weren't calling to us..! So we grabbed a bunch, a couple of boxes of fries and a few drinks and sat out front watching folks drag themselves back to their resorts... That's when we noticed it... The "Kiss Goodnight"... might've just kept walkin' but we sat there, tunes playin' in the BG and Casey's dogs keepin' us grounded. Frankly (no pun intended...) Scarlett, I don't give a Spam what they put in 'em... Just let me have that night back one more time....