PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon/split say/ DVC ?

Disneychickie
01-24-2010, 07:48 PM
Hi everyone!

We just finished booking our dec. 2010 honeymoon.

Here's what we have: (BLT is our home resort).
We booked four nights in a Studio, BLT
Next four nights in a one BR at BLT (laundry purposes)
Then last 5 nights at the Poly. ( We have banked points, we just joined in 2008, and did a small add on this past sept)

We are hoping to call MS at the 7 month mark and switch one of the BLT ressies to something else...

Originally, I thought we would go to VWL, depending upon availability, but now I'm thinking we should try to get BC or BWV to split the trip up a bit more, rather than staying at all monorail resorts. So I guess my question is: What would you prefer and why? :confused:

WRWDisney
01-25-2010, 01:59 PM
First, to clarify, the VWL are not on the monorail. You have boat and bus access to the Magic Kingdom.

As for which I'd pick, personally, I love the Beach Club. Both have a terrific location, but Stormalong Bay is a terrific pool.

Now, the BW rooms have just been refurbished, so if that is important to you...

Cannot go wrong which way you choose.

Have a great honeymoon:thumbsup:

NH Disneyfan
01-25-2010, 05:43 PM
My honeymoon was 7 nights at Yacht Club. It was great. Since you are DVC, go to Beach Club. It is a magical place and the pool and walk to Epcot (closer than BW) is great for romantic evenings.

I have also stayed at BW and didn't like it nearly as much as the YC/BC resort.

Enjoy your 13 nights - that's awesome!

Disneychickie
01-25-2010, 06:33 PM
Thank you!! We are really excited..... I'm leaning more towards BC.

MinnieMommie
01-25-2010, 07:28 PM
If the only reason you are switching to a 1 bedroom at BLT is for the laundry you don't need to use the points. You can stay in the studio and use the laundry room which is free.

Are you using DVC points to stay at the Poly? If so you may want to pay out of pocket for a couple of nights then so over to another DVC resort where you can get the most mileage out of your points.

if you like the Boardwalk area then BWV or BC are good. If you want to feel as if you are away from it all in an exotic place try AKL. That place is really beautiful! :mickey: