PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again :)

ValenciaCalling
01-24-2010, 02:45 PM
Well, it's mid-January again, and that means Disney is once again accepting applications for the Disney College Program Fall sessions! I applied last year, but all the spots we already filled. I'm getting everything done early this time so that won't happen again. I've been looking over my role checklist and they all sound like interesting jobs to have, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice on which ones to avoid. I would be happy doing anything, as long as I am there, but I was just wondering if you had the chance to do it over, what would you have done differently?

Thanks! :heart: :mickey: :heart:

faline
01-24-2010, 03:04 PM
No advice but did want to pop in and wish you lots of luck in landing a spot this year!

Joannelet
01-24-2010, 03:15 PM
I honestly don't think that there are any to really avoid. Its all what YOU make of it.
I mean I knew people that picked up the trash when I was a cast member there on the fall college program and they still had a wonderful time. I was a merchandise hostess and loved every minute of it. My roomate drove the safari truck, my other roomie worked in a restaurant. The only thing that I wouldn't want for myself was a job in the hotels. My one roomate got a job in one of the resorts (at the front desk) and mostly worked late night hours and was never able to enjoy anything. My other roomates and I signed up for everything. We sang in the candlelight processional at Chrismtas time, volunteered at Give Kids The World Program, worked at Kid Stations in Animal Kingdom and other odd jobs that they needed someone to do. I always volunteered and jumped at the chance to do anything for experience.
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!! When are the interviews for your school/area?
FALL IS THE BEST TIME TO WORK THERE!!!! :)

In my dreams
01-24-2010, 05:24 PM
:thumbsup: Wishing you all the best and good luck:magic:

My DD is a sophomore at a 4 yr technical college that requires an internship for graduation and Disney has been one of those employers. I secretly:secret: wish her to have an internship there. But that's My wish for her, maybe not hers. :(

ValenciaCalling
01-24-2010, 07:40 PM
I applied last year, but all the spots we already filled. I'm

Sorry, I just realized that it said "we" instead of "were".

Joannelet,

I can apply anytime. I'm going to do it tomorrow. I'm very nervous, but very, very excited! Thanks for your advice!

ValenciaCalling
01-25-2010, 04:56 PM
I submitted my application and finished the web based interview and I am now considered a "strong candidate" and I've been invited for a phone interview!!! :blush:

lindique
01-25-2010, 06:43 PM
Best of luck, and be sure to let us know what happens!:thumbsup:

KylesMom
01-26-2010, 12:01 PM
We're keeping our fingers (and toes) crossed for ya! :mickey:

ValenciaCalling
01-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Thanks everyone!

I called this morning and I officially have an interview on Thursday, February 4th at 4:30pm!!! :joy:

Something very interesting happened that I thought was a little eerie...

Last night, I was thinking about what time I would request for my interview and out of nowhere, I got this feeling that there was going to be a fire drill in my building during my interview. I emailed my RA and and asked if there were fire drills scheduled over the next two weeks and she said she couldn't tell me exactly when they would be but there is a drill scheduled sometime in the next two weeks, and it would probably be around 9pm.

Today, I called Disney and they said the next available time would be next Wednesday night at 9pm. If I hadn't gotten that strange feeling about the fire drill, I would have definitely taken that spot...coincidence? I am very curious to see if there will actually be a fire drill at 9pm next Wednesday.

LudwigVonDrake
02-10-2010, 01:01 PM
Have you heard anything since your interview? :mickey: