PDA

View Full Version : Man v. Food

caryrae
01-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Not sure how many have seen the show but it's about the show host who tries to beat food challanges at different resturants around the country. I was wondering does anyone know what doing this over and over again on his show does to his body? I can't imagine it's to good trying to eat the some of the huge amounts of food he tries to eat.

SBETigg
01-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Love the show, and he's adorable. I always wonder about the toll it takes, too. I have no idea, but I don't know how he gets through some of those challenges and what it must be like for him the following 24 hours, errg. It's a live one this week.

TheDuckRocks
01-24-2010, 05:16 PM
What day is the live one? I just set up the DVR for the week and didn't notice one that said "live".
When I first saw ads for this show I couldn't quite see why anyone would want to watch it. But being the reality show junkie that I am, the first night it aired I of course was watching. This show absolutely works with Adam as the host and I don't think it would have with anybody else. He is so cute and funny and we are forever doing his "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness" when something extra wonderful hits the table.:thumbsup:

SBETigg
01-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Good thing you asked. I double-checked. The live show is Feb 3.

DisneyPrincess21
01-24-2010, 09:39 PM
I was wondering does anyone know what doing this over and over again on his show does to his body?
Well, you can see he has put on a few pounds since his very first show. :secret:

Love the show, and he's adorable.
I know, he isn't "Cute" in the traditional sense, but I think he is adorable and cute in his own way.

This show absolutely works with Adam as the host and I don't think it would have with anybody else. He is so cute and funny and we are forever doing his "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness" when something extra wonderful hits the table.:thumbsup:
One of my favorite Adam lines is when he was eating that burger with the steamed/melted cheese on it and he said "Oh that's sexy" LOL
I love how genuinely excited he gets about the food, he makes me and my mom laugh.
I affectionately refer to him as my "food boyfriend" (i have a boyfriend for each category in my life, sports, tv, movies, music, now food show host) :secret: :blush:

Disneypixie513
01-25-2010, 10:20 AM
I love this show! I don't know why I watch it though. It always makes me hungry. :secret:

I can't believe how much food Adam can eat. Some of the challenges he does are just crazy.. I do feel sorry for him after he finishes though. He cannot be feeling good at all!

TheDuckRocks
01-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Thanks, Sherri! I now have a post-it on my computer so I don't forget.

BrerGnat
01-25-2010, 01:42 PM
I have to think that in between these show tapings, he probably eats pretty healthy. I mean, he cannot be eating like that every day, and there are not THAT many shows each year, so it all probably balances out.

He has gained a few pounds though...

LOVE that show! :thumbsup:

DisneyDog
01-25-2010, 07:28 PM
We love his show too! I loved the Philly episode. I have to try the ice cream place he went to near the liberty bell. Next time I'm in the city I want to go there!

The thing that cracks me up is that slice of pizza bigger than the baby!

brad192
01-26-2010, 01:06 PM
Love this show too! The episodes that always get to me are the "atomic flamethrower" episodes, where he consumes food so hot I wouldn't even smell it, let alone eat it. I particularly remember the episode with the Indian soup that had to be prepared wearing a gas mask!:jaw:

I hope they're paying him really well, as his pain the next day...well, you get the idea.;):blush: