PDA

View Full Version : How is the Not-So-Scarey- Halloween party?

lisab
01-24-2010, 09:51 AM
We are planning to go to WDW this fall, and would like to include the Halloween party one night- as we have not done that yet. Does anyone have any advice for this? Is going on Oct 31st a mistake - is it too crowded? Is it only for disney guests who have EMHs? We have not decided where to stay yet (on or off site). Thanks!

green ranger
01-24-2010, 09:58 AM
You don't need to be staying on site to attend the Halloween Party. You have to purchase an extra ticket for it on site or not.

The Halloween party is one of our favorite parties. We loved the special parade during it and seeing all the characters dressed in their "costumes". I think if the extra price of the ticket fits into your budget, it's definitely worth doing once.

We did not go on Halloween, so I can't help you with the crowds at that party, but I'm sure someone will come along with some information on that.

Have fun!

lisab
01-24-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks, how are the crowds that time of year? Do you need to bring a costume - does everyone dress up?

caryrae
01-24-2010, 10:07 AM
You do not need to dress up but I have seen a lot of kids and even adults dressed up. When we went a few years ago it was my wife and I and my Parents and we had a great time.

DizneyRox
01-24-2010, 10:29 AM
MNSSHP is the best after hours event bar none. Better than the P&P Party (which is defuct) and better than MVMCP.

Halloween Night will be sold out almost as soon as the tickets go on sale, so yo had better order them early. It's busy, but I wouldn't miss it.

I wish I could go that time of year more often, but when the planets align, I'm there with bells on.

Disneypixie513
01-24-2010, 10:43 AM
We went this past October on the 13th I think. I loved it. We've been to all three of the parties, and this one was fantastic.The parade was one of my favorite parts. The crowds were managable. There were alot of people dressed up, but there were people not wearing costumes.

I definately recomend going!:number1:

jeffbdw
01-24-2010, 11:11 AM
We went on Halloween night this past year. It was crowded, but not unbearable at all. Most of the rides were little to no wait.There are so many different things going on that it disperses the crowds pretty well. I highly recommend it.

g8rgirl29
01-24-2010, 12:46 PM
We Love MNSSHP!! It is worth evey penny in my opinion. We always go in September. My friends went on Halloween night and said it was very crowded and they had long lines and just didn't live up to their expectations. They always go to MVMCP and preferred that to MNSSHP. When we go in Sept, the lines are very minimal and it seems to be a pretty relaxed setting to me with almost everyone sitting during the fireworks.

Minnie97
01-24-2010, 12:56 PM
I think you will have a lot of fun!! When our family goes to Disney we ussally go to the halloween party it's a lot of fun:mickey:

luvDaMouse
01-24-2010, 01:15 PM
:thumbsup: to the Halloween Party on any night BUT ON Halloween night :( We did it in Sept of 2008 and it was great little to no lines lots of trick or treating lots of candy, best fireworks! great parade. In fact the Boo to You song is hard to get out of your head for a long time;) We went ON Halloween in 2009 and It was a mess! way toooo many people hardly any trick or treating because lines we sooo looong. we were only able to ride POC and HM and thats it! we did see the parade and the fireworks and that did not disappoint but I would never go again ON the 31st given the choice.:mickey:

wdw dude
01-24-2010, 02:00 PM
I went on October 28th and had a great time. I would do it again any time. The parade was great. You can see it on youtube.

:mickey:

Rekenna
01-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Hi! We've been to MNSSHP 2x. It's fantastic. I've never been on the 31st, but have read on here that it is pretty crowded. Last October we went the Tuesday before Halloween, nice size crowd, very manageable. Our family had a great time. My DH and I wore our football jerseys and the dudes dressed up. There are some pretty awesome costumes (adults). Our group loves Halloween and we will attend this party everytime we can.

The parade is great, the fireworks are awesome (special fireworks for MNSSHP only). Everything is decorated for Halloween-there is a special "Ghost" that sits outside HM and talks to everyone in line. It's alot of fun! :mickey:

Disneychickie
01-24-2010, 07:08 PM
It is AMAZING! We do not have children, yet LOVED it!!! In fact, we prefer it over MVMCP. That is good as well, but in my opinion, nothing beats the halloween party!!!:thumbsup:

kemps@wdw
01-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Oct. is our usual time to visit the World. So we were able to go to the MNNSHP on our last trip. LOVED IT! :thumbsup: The vilians-inspired fireworks show was outsanding, and the parade is not-to-be-missed! We hooked a spot right across from Peco's Bills and was right @ the beginning of the parade. The ride of the Headless Horseman was a great start, and we loved the HM gravediggers float w/their "sparkling" dance! Definitely something we'll do on our future trips.

Suz36
01-24-2010, 11:50 PM
So much fun! We went this year mid-October, and had a blast. Loved the parade and fireworks. Went with MIL and FIL - they dressed up in fantastic Minnie and Mickey costumes and were the hit of the party! We've also been to MVMCP, and even though I prefer Christmas to Halloween, definitely preferred MNSSHP. Great atmosphere!

Dsnygirl
01-25-2010, 12:03 AM
MNSSHP is the best... we absolutely love it, and have been twice. We've dressed up both times, once just DH and I, once with our girls. It is soooo much fun, and dressing up makes it even better.

As far as going on the 31st, we've never been, but have been IN the park that day, leaving as the party is about to begin, and it is definitely at capacity for the party, the busiest of the nights.

Now that I've done the party twice, I'd consider going on Halloween night -- but am really glad we didn't for the first two times, as there is just so much to see and participate in that it's far better to be there on a less busy night.

(There are two dance parties, with characters participating, a villians dance show at the castle forecourt, with the ability to get autographs afterwards... the parade is twice, and the special fireworks, not to mention the trick-or-treating, if you have kids...)

As far as we're concerned, if we're considering a fall trip, MNSSHP is a not-to-be-missed event, even having been twice!! :mpumpkin:

PETE FROM NYC
01-25-2010, 03:38 PM
We went 9/4, the first night of MNSSHP.
Our first time , too.We arrived at MK just before 4 PM, and enjoyed the park til midnight.We really did not know what to expect, but DW and I loved it and we will be doing it again this year.

Trev&Ev Mom
01-25-2010, 06:29 PM
We went to MNSSHP Oct 31, 2009 for my 40th birthday. It was VERY crowded. We stayed and watched the 2nd parade (less crowded - most people with younger children left the park by then). Even though it was sold out, a gizillion people were there and the candy stunk, it was totally worth it. I cannot stop singing the Boo To You song six months later!!! It's a Disney magical experience you should not miss. I would do it every year if I could!!

rafiki fan
01-25-2010, 07:53 PM
We went this past September for the first time. It was a blast. the parade was the best WDW parade of all. I agree "great parade. In fact the Boo to You song is hard to get out of your head for a long time;). The parade is worth seeing twice. What I thought really added to the night were the number of people who went all out on costumes. We didn't and didn't feel out of place but it sure was fun watching everyone else. It's almost hard to tell the guests from the cast. :thumbsup:

Kenny1113
01-25-2010, 08:49 PM
Haha. Very true about the song getting stuck in you head. I woke up the next morning the first year we went singing "boo to you"". It really is a great time we have gone 4 years and had a different expirience each time. One year we went tickets were sold out For that evening ( it was not Halloween) it even rained a little, but we still had a great time. We love hallowen!

I think next year we will try MVMCP just to change it up. :)

coneygoil
01-26-2010, 09:32 AM
I went to the MNSSHP last Oct. and it was the MOST fun I've had at WDW!!! My dad dressed up as Zorro and was very popular with the other guests. I saw a ton of adults and kids dressed up. It makes it even more fun to be in costume. Make sure to see the Villian's Mix and Mingle. It was hilarious! I never thought Disney would be so scandalous...LOL. Go to the two dance parties. They're mostly for kids, but I jumped in and danced for like a hour at the Tomorrowland party!

Here's some pics from it:

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/powerwriter24/WDW%2009/100_2963.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/powerwriter24/WDW%2009/100_2967.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/powerwriter24/WDW%2009/100_2976.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/powerwriter24/WDW%2009/100_3006.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/powerwriter24/WDW%2009/DSCN4125.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/powerwriter24/WDW%2009/DSCN4118.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/powerwriter24/WDW%2009/DSCN3921.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/powerwriter24/WDW%2009/DSCN3924.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/powerwriter24/WDW%2009/DSCN4141.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/powerwriter24/WDW%2009/DSCN4149.jpg

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv258/powerwriter24/WDW%2009/100_3008.jpg

ANG
01-26-2010, 12:02 PM
You don't need to be staying on site to attend the Halloween Party. You have to purchase an extra ticket for it on site or not.

The Halloween party is one of our favorite parties. We loved the special parade during it and seeing all the characters dressed in their "costumes". I think if the extra price of the ticket fits into your budget, it's definitely worth doing once.

We did not go on Halloween, so I can't help you with the crowds at that party, but I'm sure someone will come along with some information on that.

Have fun!

ditto!

DisneyOtaku
01-27-2010, 11:11 AM
We did this for the first time this past year, and WOW! did we love it! My dad was annoyed that we spent the money at first, but we all really loved it.
I wished I had dressed up (I'm 24, btw)--there were so many great costumes! And the parade is the best I have ever seen. My dad even used the theme for his ring tone for a while, and was sad when we made him change it :-)

You'll love it!

DiannaJ
01-27-2010, 10:38 PM
I have been on Oct 31st and it was pretty hectic on that night. I have been 3 times and the others days were a little bit more mellow. They do limit the ammount of tickets sold for all the parties but I found the children and adults rude on the night of the 31st. The parties are alot of fun and I didn't wear a costume per say it was a T-shirt from Walmart that said This is my Holloween costume and it glowed in the dark. I highly recommend this event it is my favorite.:thumbsup:

DisneyFr33k
01-28-2010, 06:38 AM
Not to be a party pooper (literally), be we had a different opinion. We've done this twice and it was one time too many. The first time was new, the kids were young, and we had fun. The second time we were expecting it to be different - you know, not the same old things, and it wasn't. We felt it was a lot of money to put into something we had already experienced.

ANG
01-28-2010, 07:21 AM
We went in 2006 a few days before Halloween. I enjoyed the parade and the fireworks best of all. And I got a great picture with Minnie in our costumes. It was cute and I'm glad we went. Everyone should do it at least once.

lisab
01-28-2010, 06:49 PM
Sounds like you had a great time - everytime! Which time was the least crowded? We only get to WDW every2-3 years, so I want the kids to have the best experience with out all of the crowds. Thanks!

lisab
01-28-2010, 07:04 PM
Sounds like you are a veteran for the MNSSHP! When was your best expereince? Was there a certain time or day of the week that was less crowded? We are considering making plans for the Nov 1st party - any opinions?