PDA

View Full Version : CAA/AAA parking

Julie_Mouse
01-24-2010, 09:29 AM
Where is the CAA/AAA parking at the parks? Is it worth it to purchase this from my travel agent?

2 princes and a princess
01-24-2010, 10:40 AM
The AAA parking lots are located across from the handicapped parking area. We book our Disney Vacations through AAA, so we automatically get a parking pass, plus a nice AAA discount. :D To me, the parking pass is well worth it. We are the proud parents of three children with autism and sensory issues who cannot tolerate the busses or trams. To us, it is invaluable!!! :mickey:

Altair
01-24-2010, 10:57 AM
The pass is more of a benefit to later arrivals. If you get to the parks at opening, the benefit is minimal.

Spaces are limited, the pass does not guarantee a spot.

The passes are free and, depending on your office, available with packages or ticket purchase.

At MK the walk is the longest.

Mainly you avoid the trams.
:mickey:

Strmchsr
01-24-2010, 12:19 PM
We've used the AAA pass but I think we'd get to the parks faster not using it. There's no tram service for the AAA parking. For Epcot and AK I'd say it's worth it, but MK and DHS probably not.

And, as noted above, it's free if you're a AAA member. So don't pay extra for it.

Buttercup
01-25-2010, 12:08 PM
My sister had heard about AAA/CAA people getting to park in a different area, but didn't know she needed an actual pass.
This past November when she got to the gate of the TTC she just said to the gate attendant "Is there special parking for people with AAA?"
And he just said "Yep, follow the blue line" (or whatever) and she got to park in the AAA zone without showing anything.
I guess she lucked out!

azcavalier
01-25-2010, 12:16 PM
We've used the AAA pass but I think we'd get to the parks faster not using it. There's no tram service for the AAA parking. For Epcot and AK I'd say it's worth it, but MK and DHS probably not.

And, as noted above, it's free if you're a AAA member. So don't pay extra for it.

It's free if you're a AAA member *and* you have booked your package through AAA. We're AAA members, but usually go through Magical Journeys, so we've never been able to get it.

Strmchsr
01-25-2010, 02:12 PM
It's free if you're a AAA member *and* you have booked your package through AAA. We're AAA members, but usually go through Magical Journeys, so we've never been able to get it.

I always book through Magical Journeys, too, but my AAA office gives me the parking pass. They don't give me the discount card, but they are nice enough to give me the pass when I ask.

Kenny1113
01-25-2010, 09:10 PM
My sister had heard about AAA/CAA people getting to park in a different area, but didn't know she needed an actual pass.
This past November when she got to the gate of the TTC she just said to the gate attendant "Is there special parking for people with AAA?"
And he just said "Yep, follow the blue line" (or whatever) and she got to park in the AAA zone without showing anything.
I guess she lucked out!

I had the pArking pass several years in a row and never had to actually show the pass to anyone. But I did leave it on the dash where it could be seen while my car was parked.

In regards to weather the pass is worth it...
Well it depends what you are looking for. If you was something that is less walking to the park than no this is not worth it. (depending on how much agent is gonna charge you) The aaa spots are usually quite a bit farther than where the trams or even resort buses drop you off. If you are looking to avoid the trams ( to not have to fold up strollers and whatnot) maybe. I say maybe because many times that I went they did not have the lot open or it was full already. All that being said I never had to pay for my pass.

Imagineer1981
01-26-2010, 11:38 AM
I feel it is worth it, especially at MK because you don't have to deal with Trams. At Epcot it is a short walk and worth it. At AK, maybe not so much and I think at DHS it is definitely better parking in normal parking because you have to walk around the buses to get to the gate, the tram is much faster at DHS

WishesFan13
01-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Before we became DVC members DH and i used to book through AAA and got the pass. You are supposed to leave it on the dash and the last time we had the pass there was a CM in the parking lot checking passes and making people turn around if they didn't have one. I don't know if it depends on the day or if they have started checking all the time.

MidnTPK
01-27-2010, 01:25 PM
I've annotated a Google map to show the location of the AAA spaces at AK, DHS, and Epcot. Please PM me if you'd like a link.