PDA

View Full Version : Accommodations for 8

Julie_Mouse
01-24-2010, 09:26 AM
So it looks like we're going to be at WDW May 9-16.:D The next step is deciding on our resort!

I think we're going to be 8 people (2 families of 4, all children are 20+ years). We're looking at:

a) interconnecting rooms at a value or moderate; or
b) 2-BR villa at SSR or OKW (those are the only places still available with the Jan-June special)

So for those of you who have done a trip with large-ish group like this, did you do interconnecting rooms, or one giant villa?

We're pretty open in terms of which value or moderate we would stay at, but I would love to hear your suggestions/experience with each. Also, those of you who have stayed at SSR/OKW, which did you prefer? Is the theming (or 'the Disney feeling':mickey:) better at the moderates?

BigRedDad
01-24-2010, 10:13 AM
8 adults in a Value is going to be difficult in two rooms at a Value resort. I don't see it being comfortable at all. Moderates would not be much different unless you are at CSR with the Queen beds. I know I would not share a bed with my brother or sister after I was about 8, let alone in the 20s. I would sleep on the floor first.

A 2BR villa may be the best bet for 8 adults.

LVT
01-24-2010, 11:19 AM
I suggest 3 value rooms and 2 twin air mattresses.
More bathrooms and single sleeper space. I like to save money for Dining and Dole Whips.

javamama
01-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Tough one there, I'd definately go by ages, and sex of kids factor on that one. We stayed at the WL Villas in a 2 bedroom w/6 adults and it wasn't easy. My dh, my parents, me, and my two sisters for just a portion of the trip, plus my two kids one was a baby, and the other was 3. The king bed throws it off, and the the one queen makes it hard also. I'd maybe do adjoining rooms.

bruin1344
01-24-2010, 11:47 AM
8 adults in a Value is going to be difficult in two rooms at a Value resort. I don't see it being comfortable at all. Moderates would not be much different unless you are at CSR with the Queen beds. I know I would not share a bed with my brother or sister after I was about 8, let alone in the 20s. I would sleep on the floor first.

A 2BR villa may be the best bet for 8 adults.

I agree unless the 20s year olds are comfortable with sharing beds. You will save money if you do 2 rooms at a value.

Julie_Mouse
01-25-2010, 01:37 PM
Thanks for all the feedback so far:thumbsup:

One member of the group broached the possibility of staying at a treehouse villa (yes there is one available - currently - during the dates we want to stay!) because with the little bit of extra room this would avoid the sharing of beds/rooms by siblings, children, parents, etc., and might make for a more comfortable stay.

Naturally, it would be cool to stay in one of them, but I've heard of some drawbacks, like the distance from the rest of SSR, small pool, distance to bus stops from each villa, and generally poor bus service (due to having to transfer to an SSR bus stop, and then take another bus to parks). Any feedback on these villas?

Thanks so much everyone:mickey: