PDA

View Full Version : Which Sig Restaurant should we cut?

luvdiznee
01-24-2010, 08:39 AM
We are doing Yachtsman, California Grill, Jiko, Hollywood Brown Derby and Narcoossee's. But we decided we want to go to Mardi Gras at Universal Studios :secret:and will be having dinner at Emeril's or Margaritaville. Or Hard Rock. So who would you give the boot to? Of the restaurants listed, we have done Cali Grill and Yachtsman. Enjoyed Cali Grill. Yachtsman was just ok for me, but DD loved it and wants to go back. :mickey:

StitchandMe17
01-24-2010, 09:06 AM
I had my favorite meal ever in Narcoosee's. I suggest this one as a no missing it!!

DizneyRox
01-24-2010, 09:40 AM
Yachtsman without a thought...

SBETigg
01-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Cut one of the ones you've tried, just for variety's sake, or Brown Derby. California Grill is my one can't-miss, so I wouldn't cut that. I haven't tried Yachtsman. But I can tell you that Brown Derby, while it is very good, doesn't quite live up to the other Signatures for me. Narcoossee's is wonderful (my next favorite) and Jiko is more unique, so I wouldn't skip it.

My sister loves Emeril's Tchoup Chop. I haven't been to his Orlando restaurants.

DebK
01-24-2010, 11:10 AM
I would cut Brown Derby. We used to really like it there, but not so much any more.....

DVC2004
01-24-2010, 11:33 AM
Probably Yachtsman or Brown Derby. Keep Cali Grill. BTW- Emeril's Tchoup Chop at Universal (Royal Pacific Resort) is excellent! Better than the Emeril's at City Walk. A short walk from City Walk and the theme parks.

javamama
01-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Yachtsman was not a good choice for us last year, the food was good the service was horrible!! That alone will be the reason I will never go back, I did love the resort! I've heard mixed about BD as well, it's a can live w/out. Narcoosses is great, I skipped CG last year my toddlers were table serviced out by day 6 so that's on my list!

Horizon93
01-24-2010, 11:57 AM
I say you should definitely keep Narccossee's and Jiko on the list. I would say lose Brown Derby.

SurferStitch
01-24-2010, 03:58 PM
I would cut Brown Derby. We like dining here, but it's not worth 2 credits. Never been to Yachtsman, so I can't say whether it's a hit or miss.

KAT1811
01-24-2010, 04:30 PM
If it were me I would cut either Brown Derby or Jiko. Brown Derby doesn't do much for me. The menu really never excited me.

We do Yachtsman at least once every trip and love it. California Grill is another favorite if not only for the view. Narcoosses, we've never been but everyone here raves about it. Jiko looks interesting if not only to walk around the resort.

Good luck!!!!

TheDuckRocks
01-24-2010, 05:05 PM
The Brown Derby would be the one I would cut, have a hard time putting it in the 2 credit signature service category. In fact I think there are a number of 1 credit places that are far better than BD.

Disnamic Duo
01-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Brown Derby is one of our very favorites. I would definately NOT cut that one. We've been to all the restaurants on your list except Yachtsman. If it were me, I'd skip Jiko. Although it is unique compared to the rest, I didn't care for it much. My wife loved it though. We've enjoyed all the others. You didn't mention if you're using the DDP or not - I would assume not with all the signature (2 credit) choices, so that would eliminate the credit issue...

Scar
01-25-2010, 03:12 PM
If you are only going to DHS for Brown Derby, then don't. But, If you are planning on being in DHS that day (or evening,) then give it a try and dump Jiko. Jiko was just OK for me, I liked Yachtman's much better.

DisneyHoneymooners
01-25-2010, 03:33 PM
Yachtsman for sure, too bad DD

Stu29573
01-25-2010, 03:40 PM
I would NOT cut Brown Derby. It's our favorite...

MNNHFLTX
01-25-2010, 04:07 PM
I've been to all of those restaurants and if it were me, I would cut the Brown Derby. Just not that spectacular, IMO....

luvdiznee
01-25-2010, 07:15 PM
Interesting and ironic...in that I was thinking if I'm going to drop one it would be HBD. And DHS is my favorite park, tyed w/EPCOT, actually. Will certainly still go to DHS, though.

Thanks DVC2004 for that extra info as far as Emeril's in Royal Pacific. I thought there was only the one right on City Walk. So will definitely do that one.

Thanks all. :mickey:

Tinkermom
01-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Another vote to cut Brown Derby. Been there twice now and neither meal was all that great. Service was mediocre. Don't think we will be back.

prttynpnk
01-27-2010, 10:16 AM
I feel emotionally attached to Derby, but the service and food haven't been incredible the last few times- I'd cut it in favor of other restaurants with more varied menus.

luvdiznee
01-27-2010, 03:34 PM
I figure if I want some grapefruit cake, I could get it at Starring Rolls. :cloud9:

renecat
01-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Bown Derby without a doubt. It's a good meal but the others are better.

disneykid@hrt
01-28-2010, 03:00 PM
Don't cut Cali Grill!

Bethanymouse
01-31-2010, 08:02 PM
I would skip Hollywood Brown Derby- just never have enjoyed it that much...as for Universal eatery- go with Emeril's, it was delicious!

magicgal
02-01-2010, 04:36 PM
I would drop The Brown Derby! We only dined there once, but did not like it. We love Narcoossee's and Yachtsman. By the way, we also love Emeril's at Universal, it was terrific!