PDA

View Full Version : Rafiki's Planet Watch

Suz36
01-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Is there any way to find out ahead of time what the schedule is for animal treatments? I know it would be "subject to change", but we'd love to try to catch something. We saw a tiger exam last Feb, and it was amazing! That time a CM just happened to tell us about it.

SillySymphony
01-23-2010, 10:03 PM
My thought on this would be to plan ahead for an Animal Kingdom visit later in your trip. Are you staying on-property? If so, wait until the first or second day in the afternoon when you return for a swim and nap, then head for the front desk to the Concierge Station. Ask a CM to have a call placed thru to AK with that very question being posed. My reason being: Rafiki's is not the most sought after attraction in the Theme Park and I would guess that the staff might be very flattered to know that there are people who would be interested in their "attraction" more than EE, KRR and the others.... Just a thought... Good luck.

WDWdriver
01-23-2010, 10:34 PM
Most animal medical procedures are done in the morning, between 10:00 a.m. and noon. Check with Guest Relations when you arrive at the park. They should be able to provide a schedule.

Disney4us2
01-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Wow, that would be so cool. DD loves Rafiki's Planet Watch. That would be icing on the cake for her as she is such an animal lover and plans on working with animals someday.

We have been there twice and never saw any exams.

Suz36
01-24-2010, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the tips!

finaldynasty
03-21-2010, 04:09 PM
I have been lucky to witness an exam last year when we went to RPW. It is awesome. They did tell us that they usually have procedures in the morning. My wife to DKs to take pictures with the characters in the lobby and an owl on display, while I watched the exam.

CaptSmee
03-21-2010, 04:16 PM
In Jan we were there around 11am and they were operating on a sea turtle. there seemed to be lots of action going on, live demonstrations, characters, ect...I like Rafiki's Planet Watch for a short diversion.