PDA

View Full Version : How is doubletree suites 4 family of 4?

lisab
01-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Hello!

I got a call from Hilton honors offeeing me a deal to come down to their doubletree suites in Orlando FL. The deal included a 2 hour tour of their vacation club, wanting us to buy of course. Does anyone have experience with this hotel or this offer? We went to WDW 2 years ago and stayed at a moderate resort and liked it. My main concern is with the transport from airport and to parks. Thanks so much for any info!

lisab

In my dreams
01-23-2010, 08:13 PM
Are you referring to the Downtown Disney DoubleTree? I stayed there 6 years ago. I can tell you that we had an enjoyable 6 night stay there. The bedroom area had 2 double beds with its own TV. The main room had a dining table w/ 3 chairs, a couch( pull-out sofa) and a chair and coffee table. If was convenient having the extra room, extra TV, a refrig, microwave, sink. One thing I remember not caring for: the bathroom was only accessible thru the bedroom. I thought it should have been separate or designed with 2 entries.
Would I go there again- Yes, at a great rate!

lisab
01-24-2010, 09:08 AM
Yes, I was talking about the DTD Double Tree. I am concerned with transportation to parks, and what about the breakfast that is included? I am trying to decide between the Double tree, the Hilton, and staying at POP. We have only stayed on site b4.

renecat
01-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Stayed at the Doubletree with my three sisters about 11 years ago. We took our one sister that had some health issues. We had no problem with transportion from airport or to and from the parks. We acturally could walk to Downtown Disney when our sister was up to it.
They had a nice pool and great hot tub. I don't remember if the breakfast was free when we went, but I do remember eating breakfast there and it was good. Was very quiet and relaxing when we were there had a great time.
I don't believe the buses to the parks run as often as they do at the disney resorts but we never had an issue with it. If you decide to use the offer I can't see you being dissapointed.
Don't put it off if you don't have to. We lost our sister about 5 years ago and regret that we never got to take her back one last time.