PDA

View Full Version : Free Disney Dining Question

JPooh
01-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Does anyone remember if and when Disney offered free dining last year? Do you think they will this year?

BMan62
01-22-2010, 11:54 AM
In past years, the offer has been made around the first of April for dated from mid-August until the end of September.

Needless to say, this may not hold true this year, a lot will depend on the economy and bookings to date.....

That said, there was a bounceback offer last September for the Free Dining for the August/September time frame. I have also heard that this has been offered to UK visitors for that time frame as well.

One other thought on the matter....IF the Free Dining offer is made, it may be a bit different than in years past....It MAY be a tiered offer - Deluxe & Moderate resorts can get the Standard DDP Free, whereas the Values are limited to the Quick Service DDP Free. (All "Free" offers can be upgraded for the difference in cost between plans.)

kathiep
01-22-2010, 08:05 PM
I don't know if this indicates anything but I received a PIN code on Thursday for free dining covering 8/15/10 through 10/2/10. I'd have to book by 2/3/10. It was the regular dining plan for moderate resorts and up; Counter service only for value resorts. Minimum stay had to be for 5 nights.

Duchess99
01-23-2010, 10:15 AM
I don't know if this indicates anything but I received a PIN code on Thursday for free dining covering 8/15/10 through 10/2/10. I'd have to book by 2/3/10. It was the regular dining plan for moderate resorts and up; Counter service only for value resorts. Minimum stay had to be for 5 nights.

I received the same pin code last week...I was surprised I got it so early. Yes, it looks like they are doing the tiered plan this year.

Carolanne
01-23-2010, 10:57 AM
I don't know if this indicates anything but I received a PIN code on Thursday for free dining covering 8/15/10 through 10/2/10.

I received the same pin code last week...I was surprised I got it so early. Yes, it looks like they are doing the tiered plan this year.

Hmm, I should keep an eye on my inbox. On Wednesday I received the Disney Rewards 40% at Hilton Head or Vero Beach for most night through March 2010, but that was it. I prefer to go in Sept & Oct, so March doesn't work for me (although warm sunny days in Fl in March are great I'm sure, lol :D).

Belster
01-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Got a pin code for 8/15-10/1 free dining...could be those dates but not sure.