PDA

View Full Version : Boma: Steak?

BigRedDad
01-21-2010, 05:50 PM
The last time I ate at Boma was almost 8 years ago. They had a hand carved Prime Rib table. It was the best. I have been looking at menus from different sites and it seems like they no longer have any steaks of any kind. They are showing pork ribs and pork shoulders.

Has anyone been recently and know if they have any types of steak there? I do not want to drop $33 per person and not have a steak. I am not an adventurous eater and a bulk of what they have there I would not eat. If I get there and there are no steaks, I will be stuck paying $33 for chicken tenders. Not my kind of deal.

NotaGeek
01-21-2010, 06:18 PM
I ate there in December and there was some sort of carved roast and also a pork loin. There were no steaks -- but the time before there was prime rib.

Lily
01-21-2010, 09:30 PM
In 2007, they had the prime rib roast. In 2008, sirloin. Same thing at Crystal Palace. I was a bit disappointed. :(

kakn7294
01-22-2010, 08:25 AM
We ate there in July and they had a roast beef - no prime rib. It was good but the one at Tusker House in March was much better.

BigRedDad
01-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the info. At least they will have some form of a meat. I really do not want to eat there for $33. It is going to be a $100+ dinner for DW and I. I would be happier having a appetizers and drinks somewhere (Rose and Crown :number1:) and waiting for Illuminations.

But, it is where we were on our Honeymoon and she wants to go. Therefore, I am going and I will enjoy it. I am too simple minded for all of this.

TinkerbellsMom
01-23-2010, 09:55 AM
AKL is "our Disney home" and BOMA is one of favorites. Last May we ate there twice during our stay and the carving station offerings were different both days. The staff told us that the menus, especially the carving station & soups, are on a 3 day rotation cycle.

ElenitaB
01-23-2010, 07:31 PM
But, it is where we were on our Honeymoon and she wants to go. Therefore, I am going and I will enjoy it.
Smart man! ;)