PDA

View Full Version : My four year old son

RBrooksC
01-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Recently, we have talked about WDW being the place where Mickey lives since my son LOVES Mickey Mouse.

On his own, he has begun telling everybody he sees that he is going to go down to WDW to see Mickey Mouse or, if we are watching TV, and he sees a commercial for WDW he tells us that he wants to go there to see Mickey.

Now, all of this is without us telling him we are planning on going to WDW next year when our daughter turns two.

This is going to be the most excitement I have had planning a WDW trip if he stays this excited.

Joannelet
01-21-2010, 04:06 PM
I hope so too!! Its amazing seeing it through their eyes!!! how exciting that will be for him!! He will probably be in shock when he really does see THE MICKEY!!! :)

NewDVCowner
01-21-2010, 06:00 PM
Just as a side note to this, I was told that Mickey's house is actually in Disneyland. His vacation home is in Florida. :mickey:

Rekenna
01-21-2010, 06:21 PM
We have one of those Sing-A-Long DVD's that is the filmed at DisneyLand (my DS4 thinks it's WDW-there really isn't much difference in the video). It has Mickey and alot of other characters, it's a little out-dated, from the early 90's when Roger Rabbit was the rage. My DS4 loves this video, and I enjoy watching it with him. I got his copy at ToysRUs, but I'm sure there are some on ebay. Yep, just checked, it's called DisneyLand Fun. It's a great video that will add to his excitement.

He will have a great time!:mickey:

Joannelet
01-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Just as a side note to this, I was told that Mickey's house is actually in Disneyland. His vacation home is in Florida. :mickey:

Awe, when I was a cast member there they told us that MK is where Mickey lives and that Animal Kingdom is where they go on vacation :)

Its so funny the things that people hear. I guess its whatever you believe!

BigRedDad
01-22-2010, 08:34 AM
I know what you are feeling. My DD just turned 4. She thinks we are going every day. She packs up bags with all of her toys and brings them down only to have to go put them back away. We are not telling her and we may have to wake her up early to get to the airport. We are going to tell her we are just taking grandma. When we get to the airport grandma is going to tell her she is going to Disney World and ask my DD if she wants to go. Then, grandma, DD, and I will be on our way. DW will be coming down 3 days later.

MarknTara
01-25-2010, 06:15 PM
I hope you guys have so much fun! And the excitement always lasts. My mom and I went in September, and we had to break out all our old Disney movies before we went (I'm 16!).

KylesMom
01-25-2010, 07:29 PM
How precious! Just keep Mickey front and center, and you'd better believe he'll stay this excited.

Heck, my almost-12 year old woke up when he heard the Disney dining "stuff" going on on my speaker phone this morning when I was making Dining reservations at the crack of dawn. :D

Giggy
01-26-2010, 09:04 AM
I hope you guys have so much fun! And the excitement always lasts. My mom and I went in September, and we had to break out all our old Disney movies before we went (I'm 16!).

I'm 20 and my sister is 16, we've been doing the exact same thing! My brother (22) and parents join us on it sometimes too. For Chrismas my brother even got me a new one for our collection (Brother Bear) whereas last week I saw The Fox and the Hound 2 on sale and had to have it.

We have 211 days until our trip and have been going Disney-crazy since we booked it in October. Then again I was somewhat before that as well, it must have been well over a year before that I'd been saying over and over again it was time for us to go back..... you never grow out of it! :mickey:

blondeinbrandon
01-26-2010, 01:03 PM
AWWW! Four is so cute!!! My boys are almost 10 and 11 and still love Mickey! But you know how they say "they grow up fast", dernit they're right!
Hug him and squeeze him and have a great time at Disney!!!!:mickey:

MarknTara
05-02-2010, 06:07 PM
[We have 211 days until our trip and have been going Disney-crazy since we booked it in October. Then again I was somewhat before that as well, it must have been well over a year before that I'd been saying over and over again it was time for us to go back..... you never grow out of it! :mickey:[/QUOTE]

It's so true. I'm totally hooked now, and can't wait until I can bring my mom!