PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Midway Mania crowds

fielin
01-21-2010, 02:45 PM
Hi !

I'm just wondering if the Toy Story madness is still as high as the first few months or if we can hope to ride it even if we do not grab a fastpass first thing in the morning ?

Thanks for your insights !

goofyskier
01-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Hi !

I'm just wondering if the Toy Story madness is still as high as the first few months or if we can hope to ride it even if we do not grab a fastpass first thing in the morning ?

Thanks for your insights !

Well...considering that last week was cold and was also the slow season and, the wait was still in the 60 - 90 minute range...I would say that the madness continues. Get a Fastpass. You'll be much happier :)

g8rgirl29
01-21-2010, 03:53 PM
I agree with the previous poster!! The lines are still crazy for this ride! Grab fast passes as soon as you enter DHS.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
01-21-2010, 04:25 PM
Word of Caution: If you go at the rope drop, don't get trampled by the maniacs running to the fastpass machine. We always take a nice leisurely walk to Toy Story for the fastpass and still get one for later that morning...

caryrae
01-21-2010, 04:54 PM
We were there in Sept/Oct and got to DS just before rope drop and everyone went to TSM and the line looked really long for FP and the ride. We decided to just get in line for the ride. I think they just started letting people in because all of a sudden the line started moving fast and we got on the ride pretty quickly. The line to get FP's may have been longer then the ride line.

sassafras
01-21-2010, 06:52 PM
We were there in Sept. We walked hurriedly to the Fastpass Line (no, we did not run!) and while DH had to wait in line for a few minutes, we got fastpasses for about 1 p.m. We weren't there for the rope drop--a little later. So, if you don't mind having to wait until after lunch, it's no biggie!

lindique
01-21-2010, 07:06 PM
Although FastPass is still the best way to get onto the ride quickly, the FastPass route bypasses most of the queue, which is really cute to see. The best part of it is Mr. Potato Head, which you won't see at all if you use FastPass.

SurferStitch
01-21-2010, 07:08 PM
We saw a 210 minute wait the one day this past December (a week day during the second week). So, no, the craziness is still there.

We did get FP's around 9:30 the one morning, and had a return time around 3:00 pm that afternoon. We only got to ride it once in the 3 visits to DHS we made on that trip.

retiredfigment
01-21-2010, 07:38 PM
We were there first week of December. Walked to TS and they 'Army guys' were entertaining and organizing everyone getting FP. Almost everyone was getting the FP and leaving. We got FP then stood in line for about 15 minutes, so rode twice.

hokies4life
01-21-2010, 07:49 PM
We're down here right now, and Tuesday Toy Story still had a 60 min wait most of the day. And considering the crowds were fairly slow for everything else, I'd go with Fastpass. If everything else has a 10 min or less wait I'm not going to spend my time in a 60 min line. Just my opinion on it.

Wait times for everything else are pretty fantastic right now though. MK is the only place we're running into some crowds with the tour groups all over the place.

:chipdale:

Mousemates
01-21-2010, 10:55 PM
We were there during the super busy holiday week (between Christmas to just after New Year) and on Jan 2(I think)...were at the front of the line for rope drop...we we slowly walked back to the ride where I went first to the fast pass...then got int he stand-by line and quickly walked in and rode...then we immediately hit the stand by line again and had only about a five minute wait....however on this trip the ride got out of sync and we missed getting the first two targets...so I told the cast member and we got to immediately ride again...we then went and rode RnR and came back to ride again with our fastpass.

So we got to ride TSM four times (and RnR twice) before 10:00....we ended up leaving the park around lunchtime, by which time the standby line had jumped up to 90 minutes. Getting there early...really does make a difference

fielin
01-22-2010, 03:51 AM
Thanks for the answers !

It seems from what you all say that the best way to do this is arrive early, get a fastpass AND go into the standby line.

Do the morning EMH help ?

Djscherr
01-22-2010, 03:08 PM
I was down there for Marathon Weekend, and even with the cold and reduced crowds it was still an hour wait standyby.

*edited to add*: It was the only ride we actually waited for on the entire trip, except maybe 15 minutes for the Jungle Cruise.

eam
01-22-2010, 03:23 PM
When we were there in November, we walked past TSM just before closing after going to see the Osborne (sp?) Family Lights. There was no line visible, so we walked in and had to wait about 10-15 minutes. Just before closing is another option for you. Have a great time!

fielin
01-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Going late night sounds good too ! :)

Has there been any visible impact on the ToT / RRC lines ?

Iluvpooh
01-22-2010, 05:49 PM
Going late night sounds good too ! :)

Has there been any visible impact on the ToT / RRC lines ?
Most definately in the mornings, most people head over to TSM to get a FP so it is much easier to head on over to RnR and ride and then head over to TSM to get a FP for later. I will say that by the time we got over to TSM to get our FPs they were already for around 4 that afternoon.

spoiled
01-23-2010, 07:42 AM
we got our fast passes and they were for 6:30 so yhea fastpasses are great
but..
when we went back there we go a 30-50 min. wait so go there right away!

Minnie97
01-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Well the line is pretty long but we were there after dinner and it was a little better than in the middle of the day and Mr Potato head entertains you for a while.:mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
01-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Grab a fastpass first thing in the morning!! :mickey: