PDA

View Full Version : New Italian Eatery in Epcot?

KAT1811
01-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Has anyone heard any specifics as to the new eatery they are building in the Italy pavillion in Epcot? They only info I have is that it is to be a pizzeria and it is set to open September of this year.

Figment!
01-21-2010, 12:11 PM
The only additional information available is that it will be operated by the Patina Group.

TheDuckRocks
01-21-2010, 12:17 PM
I also saw the rumor and the pictures of the construction for a pizzeria in Italy. Way back when they first announced Alfredo's was no longer going to be in Epcot and Tutto Italia was named as the replacement it was also stated that the same company that owns TI would be opening a Counter service pizza place "sometime in the future". I'm guessing that sometime is going to be in Sept.
The Patina Group is also the owners of the Italian eateries in Downtown Disney at DIsneyland.

ElenitaB
01-21-2010, 02:17 PM
Though I haven't seen any official announcements (yet), the word is that the new pizzeria will be an "outpost" of Naples 45, one of the Patina Group's restaurants in NYC. They already have a location (called Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria) at Disneyland's DTD.

WVParkfan
01-25-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm glad to see a counter service restaurant going into Italy. I'm not sure WDW needs another pizza place, but it is nice to see a new addition.

KAT1811
01-25-2010, 02:58 PM
I hope they have different pizzas. Like the ones we get around here. Not regular cheese and pepperoni but more along the lines of gourmet pizzas (with the typical pizza options for the picky eater). We have fabulous grilled pizzas here with all sorts of seasonal toppings. Amazing!

SBETigg
01-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Wasn't Tutto Italia supposed to be renovated and changed, too? I thought it was temporary, or am I mistaken?

KylesMom
01-25-2010, 03:36 PM
Disney's Blog page just ran an update today. In part:

The new 300-seat restaurant will have traditional Florentine architecture, vaulted-ceilings and outside dining. And the food will be authentic — Italian dishes (complimenting the offerings at Tutto Italia ) and pizza from wood-burning ovens. The pizzeria will be the newest flagship restaurant in the Patina Restaurant Group’s portfolio. And one of the special touches at the Epcot location will be the water. It’ll be imported from a source where the composition most resembles water used in Naples, Italy, to make the authentic Italian dough. Construction is currently underway and the restaurant is scheduled to open in fall 2010.

Scar
01-25-2010, 04:06 PM
I'm not sure WDW needs another pizza place, but it is nice to see a new addition.I was thinking the same, there is a recent thread here about how bad the pizza at WDW is, and Florida in general.

I remember my father telling me years ago about a pizzeria in Florida that had good NY style pizza and he asked the owner why most pizza in FL were bad except for his. His answer... "We ship the water down from NYC for the dough." Must have been true as we now read:
And one of the special touches at the Epcot location will be the water. It’ll be imported from a source where the composition most resembles water used in Naples, Italy, to make the authentic Italian dough. So hopefully this will be good pizza.

KAT1811
01-25-2010, 08:36 PM
I am really looking forward to this opening. I hope it is open before our visit in October. A PP stated before this was to be a CS eatery. Is that so or is it a TS eatery? I would assume a 300 seat restaurant is TS.

ElenitaB
01-25-2010, 08:37 PM
I hope they have different pizzas. Like the ones we get around here. Not regular cheese and pepperoni but more along the lines of gourmet pizzas (with the typical pizza options for the picky eater). We have fabulous grilled pizzas here with all sorts of seasonal toppings. Amazing!
Honestly, I wouldn't worry about Naples 45's pizza. They've won awards here in our pizza-happy town. As for variety, here's what they offer on their lunch menu:

Classic (with tomato sauce)

Margherita DOC — San Marzano tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, basil (the DOC means that it's been verified by Vera Pizza Napoletana, an Italian organization)
Vesuvio — Anchovies, olives, capers, tomatoes, hot peppers, mozzarella
Pepperoni — Spicy pepperoni, tomatoes, mozzarella
Funghi — Muschrooms, tomatoes, mozzarella
Barese — Fennel sausage, onions, tomatoes, mozzarella
Quattro Stagioni — Artichokes, ham, eggplant, mushrooms, tomatoes

Bianca (white pizza)

Prosciutto — Parma prosciutto, arugula, mozzarella, cherry tomato parmesan
Quattro Formaggi — Mozzarella, fontina, taleggio, stracchino
Broccoli — Broccoli rabe, pancetta, mozzarella, oregano
Carciofi — Artichokes, basil pesto, mozzarella, fontina

Special

Piccante — Chicken sausage, tomatoes, hot pepper, provolone, mozzarella
Tonno — Sicilian tuna, spicy puttanesca

It will be interesting to see what they port to WDW with them. Also interesting is that they already list Disneyworld as a location on their menu.

In the name of research, I just may need to pay them another visit (haven't been in a few years now that I'm no longer working in that part of Manhattan). As I recall, their food was good but the place is very loud! It might merit a weekend visit.

KAT1811
01-25-2010, 08:44 PM
So it's Naples 45? I missed that :blush: I'll have to do a search for them and check it out! We have very few italian chain restaurants where we live. Our city and the neighboring city is predominantly italian and there are a zillion privately owned and operated eateries here with their chefs/owners being Italian immigrants or first generation italians. We are very spoiled in the italian food area. :cloud9: Not to mention I make a mean pasta fagioli!

KylesMom
01-25-2010, 10:27 PM
I am really looking forward to this opening. I hope it is open before our visit in October. A PP stated before this was to be a CS eatery. Is that so or is it a TS eatery? I would assume a 300 seat restaurant is TS.
Interestingly enough, the blog didn't say whether it was a TS or CS. I thought that was worth noting.

So it's Naples 45? At this time, they stated the restaurant is unnamed.

TheDuckRocks
01-26-2010, 11:26 AM
I had read that the new Patina Group restaurant in Epcot was going to be fashioned after their DTD location in California and was going to be counter service. After looking at their website I see that they have a table service operation there with just a small walk up counter service area.

Th following is a quote from their menu:
One of Patina Restaurant Groups’ four Downtown Disney® locations, Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria features the flavors of Southern Italy served in a whimsical Carnivale‐inspired setting. Host your next cocktail party, casual corporate retreat, or
hands‐on pizza‐making party for the kids or kids at heart. Upstairs, the Terrazza offers stunning view of Downtown Disney® and a romantic atmosphere, while the Giardino is
a luscious garden patio, enhanced by a mosaic floor set with twinkling lights. Inside, the
Pizzeria and Ristorante both add a touch of fun
to any event.

Here is their current pizza menu:
AUTHENTIC
NEAPOLITAN
PIZZA
{individual/large/family}
We use flour imported from Italy, handmade
mozzarella and water with the same mineral
content used by pizzerias in Naples.
MARGHERITA
15.95/25.95/37.50
Fresh mozzarella, tomato sauce and basil
AMERICANA
16.95/27.95/45.50
Green peppers, mushrooms, red onions, black
olives, sausage and pepperoni
POLLO 16.50/27.50/45.50
Roasted chicken, B.B.Q. sauce, smoked mozzarella,
caramelized onion and fresh tomatoes
PANCETTA E ANANAS
16.95/26.95/44.50
Roasted fresh pineapple, crispy pancetta, tomato
sauce and fresh mozzarella
PEPPERONI
16.50/26.95/43.95
Pepperoni, fresh mozzarella, and tomato sauce
SALSICCIE
16.50/26.95/43.95
Italian sausage, fresh mozzarella, roasted yellow
and red peppers, onions and tomato sauce
VEGETALE
16.95/27.95/45.50
Wood oven‐roasted seasonal vegetables, tomato
sauce, fresh mozzarella and Parmesan
GOURMET
{individual size only}
QUATTRO FORMAGGI 16.95
Fresh mozzarella, fontina, pecorino, goat cheese,
fresh tomato and basil (no tomato sauce)
SHRIMP AND PESTO 18.95
Basil pesto sauce, tiger shrimp, sun dried tomatoes,
fontina cheese, oregano and fresh tomatoes
FIG AND GORGONZOLA 17.95
Fresh black mission figs, gorgonzola cheese,
shaved red onion, prosciutto and parsley
QUAIL EGG AND POTATO 17.95
Freshly dug heirloom fingerling potatoes, arugula,
pancetta, robiola and quail eggs
FUNGHI 18.95
Wild mushrooms, tallegio cheese, thyme and
roasted garlic cloves

That's some pricey pizza!:jaw:

brownie
01-26-2010, 02:17 PM
I'd give it a try. If everything works out, we'll be able to give it a test after Thanksgiving this year.

wildernesslady
01-26-2010, 05:07 PM
The Naples in DL is delicious. There is a definite need for good pizza at DW.

ElenitaB
01-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Those pizzas may be pricey but they sound yummy!

TheDuckRocks
01-28-2010, 12:07 PM
Those pizzas may be pricey but they sound yummy!

Yeah, the more I keep thinking about the one with Figs and Gorgonzola the more I know I'm getting one if they're offered at Epcot.:eat: