PDA

View Full Version : Jungle Cruise at night

Suz36
01-21-2010, 11:10 AM
I've heard recommendations to experience Jungle Cruise at night. What makes it special? Is it really spooky in the dark? Do the CMs have different spiels? Will my sensative
6yo freak out?

SuzieBell
01-21-2010, 12:06 PM
Not spooky! Just "cornier" jokes!

DizneyRox
01-21-2010, 12:09 PM
From my experience, visually it's a nicer ride. The lighting (or lack of) makes it a different experience.

Also, I've noticed the CMs seem to be more likely to abandon the the spiel later in the day and many times it is a lot more enjoyable. I've also gotten a CM who obviously was checking their watch for quittin' time.

MOJoe
01-21-2010, 12:18 PM
The Jungle Cruise is more "realistic" at night. Under the cloak of darkness you can really imagine you are in the African Jungle. During the day.......well, not so much.

Regarding your 6 yr old, this attraction is not as scary as The Haunted Mansion, or even Snow White's Adventures. It's more like Priates of the Carribbean on the scary scale. And mostly a venue for corny jokes by your "captain." My kids, when they were young, never had a problem with this ride. So have fun! :mickey:

bruin1344
01-21-2010, 01:01 PM

i agree

BigThunderFan
01-21-2010, 01:39 PM
The only thing scary on this ride is the humor.:blush:

Matt's Dad
01-21-2010, 01:46 PM
Not scary, and I'm not sure if the jokes could possibly get cornier than during the day.

But going late, less crowded, more of an At-Ease have fun kind of attitude. And, while you can never be certain, and I would never ask, two times my oldest son (around 6 at the time) got to "Steer" the boat through the cruise.

Don't know how he knew exactly when to turn that wheel, and I've never seen the wheel spin 30-40 times in one direction going around a curve before, but he got to be the captain and somehow the ship made it back to the docks (or was that the Pair-Of-Dox) and the look on his face was worth the price of the trip.

Enjoy!!!

Matt's Dad
01-21-2010, 01:50 PM
Not scary, and I'm not sure if the jokes could possibly get cornier than during the day.

But going late, less crowded, more of an At-Ease have fun kind of attitude. And, while you can never be certain, and I would never ask, two times my oldest son (around 6 at the time) got to "Steer" the boat through the cruise.

Don't know how he knew exactly when to turn that wheel, and I've never seen the wheel spin 30-40 times in one direction going around a curve before, but he got to "captian" the boat and somehow we made it back to the dock (or was that the "pair-o-docks) and the look on his face was worth the price of the trip.

Enjoy!!!

Bay Lake
01-21-2010, 03:06 PM
The only thing scary on this ride is the humor.:blush:

Check out Weird Als song Skipper Dan, its about a acting student who ends up working the jungle cruise ride. Very funny and true.

Joannelet
01-21-2010, 04:13 PM
You said your 6 year old is sensitive...with that being said I would maybe not go on at night. It is dark and you can't see in front of you.
I have seen little kids get a little bit worried....not exactly frightened...but it is very different for them than it is during the day.

SillySymphony
01-21-2010, 08:51 PM
My thoughts are to gauge his/her reaction to other attractions during the day. Everything at WDW takes on a slightly different "feel" at night. My son when 6, ONLY wanted to ride BTM at night... Let him/her guide you.

Mousemates
01-21-2010, 10:44 PM
if you ride at night you have to be wary of flying elephant...first its on one side of the boat...then the light go out....and when the guide turns the lights back on its magically on the other side of the boat. ;)

as others have said...its not scarier...but the cloak of darkness does provide for some creative effects and some very fun departures from the daytime spiel.

Tink#64
01-22-2010, 12:13 AM
Check out Weird Als song Skipper Dan, its about a acting student who ends up working the jungle cruise ride. Very funny and true.

My DS's showed me that on YouTube & it's hysterical! We just loved it! :silly:

DigitalDaredevil
01-22-2010, 12:42 AM
I love the atmosphere of Jungle Cruise at night. The darkness adds to the experience, making it seem like you really are out in the Jungle.
Day or night, the Jungle Cruise is a great ride. I give the Skipper's all the credit for keeping it entertaining and creative. They always act like it is their first boat. They make the ride what it is.

finaldynasty
03-26-2010, 06:57 PM
All of your post have really made me want to experience JC at night. In the past my DW and I had never considered it, but it seems like it could be pretty cool.

gollybass
03-26-2010, 07:04 PM
I lovvve jungle cruise at night, after experiencing it i have never wanted to go on again in the day.

Bubbie Girl
03-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Going at night has now been put on my to do list!!!! Can't wait.:thumbsup:

CaptSmee
03-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Jungle Cruise at night is no different than during the day...I prefer the ambiance of night over day, but that's just my preference. same jokes, same sights, same boats, same ride

AXOAlum
03-27-2010, 05:53 PM
JC at night is amazing - I absolutely love it and this is usually our "do-one-more-time-before-we-leave" ride. DS (then 6) got his skipper's license after driving through the tunnel last trip - when we went back that night, he showed his card, and the skipper let him drive the ENTIRE trip. Talk about a great CM that made a real difference for our son - one of the most magical moments for all of us :cloud9:

If your child is fine on HM or Snow White, then they should be fine on the JC at night. Enjoy! :mickey:

IamBelle
03-27-2010, 06:35 PM
I went at night for the first time last summer and loved it, it seemed more "realistic", and the jokes were hilarious!! I love it at night, the sun doesn't beat on your head!!

AdventurerKim
03-27-2010, 08:39 PM
My DS's showed me that on YouTube & it's hysterical! We just loved it! :silly:

Love this video and song! I got the song from iTunes. JC at night is very fun and little spooky and definitely a different atmosphere than during the day.

crltkcagle
03-28-2010, 10:28 AM
Will have to try this on our next trip!

kimommy63
03-29-2010, 01:13 AM
definately going to add this to my to do list on our trip this year (13 days left)

Kaps
03-29-2010, 01:16 PM
I prefer it at night. The CM's still have the corny jokes going at night.

LoriMistress
03-29-2010, 11:43 PM
JC during the night is just creepier. And depending on the Jungle Skipper, he would be able to sell it well. We had one that had a dark/black comedy style. It was a bit creepy, but in a good way.

Goofy Texan
03-30-2010, 06:36 PM
I suggest you try it during the day first. If your daughter doesn't scoot closer to you or hold your hand tighter during the dark temple section, you should be good to go at night.

GBBT
03-30-2010, 09:18 PM
We went on 1 night during the Halloween Party.Our boat was where the tribe was dancing and there was another boat across the way.As we were passing each other,the boat captain was slumped over the wheel as if she had been "attacked" by the tribe hiding in the jungle.:D It was a funny twist to the ride.

finaldynasty
04-12-2010, 11:17 PM
This seems very unique. is this a pretty easy FP to get at night? :mickey:

comicguy
04-13-2010, 07:08 AM
I love the JC at night. It just seems a bit more creepy/erie and a bit more realistitic. Sometimes the skipper will break from the script a bit which is always a joy!

Also, the Weird Al song is awesome. I even used in my psychology class last fall.

Giselle
04-13-2010, 03:36 PM
Sounds so fun. I've never done this but I think it sounds great. Sometimes its like a new ride when you try it at night.

CU Tiger
04-15-2010, 12:22 PM
I like the JC at night because it just looks better and there are shorter lines. I never noticed the jokes to be any different?:confused: :mickey:

Captain_Nemo
04-16-2010, 12:54 AM
I rode at night during a down pour/thunder storm. It was the best experience I ever had on JC! The weather added to the feel that you were really in a far away jungle! :mickey:

LandFan
04-16-2010, 09:59 AM

It's awesome!!:D

Granny Jill A
04-16-2010, 01:43 PM

Especially if you get Bob as your guide.

We almost laughed ourselves off the boat during a night cruise.