PDA

View Full Version : Beach Club Villas

TysMomTink
01-21-2010, 11:06 AM
I have a Studio at BC Villas booked for three nights in September (as regular hotel -- we're not DVC members). Then I read some less than great reviews about the Villas so I'm second guessing and may switch to a more expensive waterview room at Beach Club. Anyone have any thoughts about the Villas? I heard it is a very far walk to the pool (one of the main draws) and that it hasn't been refurbished like the BC has. I'm just thinking whether I should keep as it or switch. Thanks for sharing any thoughts.

bruin1344
01-21-2010, 01:09 PM
I enjoyed the villas. There is a small pool outside of the villas. The Stormalong Bay (the main pool) isnt too far. I didnt find the lack of refurbs an issue. Villas are closer to Epcot and Boardwalk. The only cons in comparison to the regular resort is no daily maid service and studios room are little smaller than a standard room.

pox24
01-21-2010, 03:41 PM
Quiet, layed back. You will have the pool to yourself, walk to Epcot and still have all th esame as the guests at main hotel from a 30 second walk away.:thumbsup:

Jeff T
01-21-2010, 03:48 PM
The Villas are very nice, and not too far from the main pool - Storm Along Bay. To be honest, many of the guests at the Beach Club walk the same distance to the pool as those staying at the Villas.

In your case the biggest difference will be the room, specifically the Villas studio has only 1 queen bed, and a pullout bed. The Beach Club standard room has 2 queen beds.

If I had my choice between the studio and a standard room, I would pick the standard room. The standard rooms were also recently refurbished.

Overall the Beach Club is great!

Hammer
01-21-2010, 04:32 PM
Now, I can't speak in regards to the BCV studios, but I stayed at in a 1-BR in the Villas October 2009 and my room had been refurbished with new carpet and new flat panel TVs.

As was previously stated, you will not have the 2 queen beds like in the standard hotel room, but you do have a kitchenette in a studio which is not in the standard rooms. The kitchenette will have an under the counter fridge (bigger than the fridge in the hotel rooms) a full size coffee pot and a microwave.

Ian
01-21-2010, 04:42 PM
We're spending 6 nights in a 1BR at BCV next week, so I'll let you know how it was.

LVT
01-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Thanks in advance. I would also like to know.

TysMomTink
01-21-2010, 10:13 PM
Thanks everyone. Ian -- have a great trip! I'm eager to read about your experiences.