PDA

View Full Version : EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival?

CaptainSad
01-21-2010, 09:15 AM
I was wondering.. The line up of musical guest's has the same one's over and over. Can't they find any other artists out there? Hey I love seeing Davey Jones, Paul Revere, Tony Orlando and all. I have seen them all. But year after year it's the same with the exception of a few. I guess these groups can't find other places to play. Or Disney can't find other artists. Let's change it up a little...

BugeyedMuggy
01-21-2010, 09:38 AM
They are groups from the 60's . Maybe everyones getting too old to sing now :funny:

Wishmaker
01-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Last year they added some 80's groups, they had Kool and the Kang. I think they have the same ones as staples and spice it up with who they can get. I never get board with it personally. :blush:

Scar
01-23-2010, 04:50 PM
I guess these groups can't find other places to play. Or Disney can't find other artists.Or Disney is not willing to pay much.

CaptainSad
01-26-2010, 09:07 AM
Yeah with the way they have been cutting back. I wouldn't doubt it..

coneygoil
01-26-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm a huge Monkees fan and got to meet Davy Jones several years ago at a Monkees reunion concert. I would love to see him again, but he's never there during the time I go. GRR...

Yeah, maybe everyone from the '60's are getting too old to perform anymore. They need some '80's bands!

DNS
01-26-2010, 10:36 AM
Just a guess, but I would think it would be pretty difficult to find bands that far back that would still play together. Or individuals who are interested.

javamama
01-28-2010, 01:11 AM
I've been during the Flower/Garden Fest three years in a row now, and never knew they had bands.....Wow from what I'm reading I'm not missing alot though. The whole State Fair circut entertainers it seems like, at least they play here when we have alot of summer fests going on.

Tick-Tock
01-28-2010, 01:43 PM
I think it started as a "Flower Power" type of thing, hence bands from the sixties. And as others have said, there can't be that many left!

Scar
01-28-2010, 06:32 PM
And as others have said, there can't be that many left!Hmmm... Nah, there's still a bunch left. It's the money.

pox24
01-29-2010, 01:44 PM
We saw D. Jones last year. He can still sing. His age really shows though. He had more lines in his face than a road map of Disney World.