PDA

View Full Version : Rain, rain, go away

Disney4us2
01-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Come again another day.:rain:

It has been raining since Sunday afternoon. Today it is just non stop. I think we are in store for another 2 more days to this storm system. Can't wait for the :sun:to come out again.

I don't mind the rain, but my dog :dog:does. She literally just sticks her nose out the door and that is it. I guess Dachshunds don't like water. I do manage to get her out between the downpours.

I feel bad for those in the burn areas. They have to evacuate because of the chance of mud slides. Oh, the joys of living in Southern California.

That song is right... It doesn't rain in Southern California, but man it pours.:rain:

Dizneyana
01-20-2010, 08:22 PM
I feel sorry for everyone down in that area. Even the non burned spots are going to struggle if you get as much as they predict. It just won't have anywhere to go...

Start building those arks, folks! :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
01-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Come again another day.:rain:

It has been raining since Sunday afternoon. Today it is just non stop. I think we are in store for another 2 more days to this storm system. Can't wait for the :sun:to come out again.

That's the joys of an El Nino year on the west coast. However, just think about the droughts that have gone on the last few years. I'll take the rain any day! After the drought we had in Alabama in 2007 I promised I'd never complain about rain again. God has definitely tested me on that promise the last few months. :D

citizensnoopy
01-21-2010, 12:30 AM
It's been crazy --- three storms already this week, including a tornado warning yesterday! CA is really not equipped for tornadoes. Another storm is on the way tomorrow. :humph:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-23-2010, 10:11 PM
I watch the weather channel every night and there is some really freaky weather going on everywhere in the country. I hope it improves for you soon.

Disney4us2
01-24-2010, 12:24 AM
I watch the weather channel every night and there is some really freaky weather going on everywhere in the country. I hope it improves for you soon.

It is much better. The rain stopped Friday night. It was sunny all day today, and cool in the high 50's. Another storm is on the way, but weaker than this last weeks.

At least the people in the burn areas are back at home and the ground has some time to dry out.

It was so good to see the sun today, but in between the rain there were periods of sun and some beautiful rainbows.

Strmchsr
01-24-2010, 09:18 AM

Not really freaky. Just an El Nino year. But the El Nino is actually getting stronger so these same conditions will probably continue for a few months.

MNNHFLTX
01-25-2010, 04:00 PM
I can relate about the rain. We recently had about two months straight of rain (well, almost) and it singlehandedly eliminated the severe drought status we were in here in Houston. We had some flooding here and there, but at least no mudslides like they've had over on the west coast! And my dog won't go outside either when it's raining. She's a labrador (and should be a water dog) but doesn't like to get her delicate paws wet!

Disney4us2
01-25-2010, 05:26 PM
I can relate about the rain. We recently had about two months straight of rain (well, almost) and it singlehandedly eliminated the severe drought status we were in here in Houston. We had some flooding here and there, but at least no mudslides like they've had over on the west coast! And my dog won't go outside either when it's raining. She's a labrador (and should be a water dog) but doesn't like to get her delicate paws wet!

Wow.... 2 months.. I would be going stir crazy. I can't imagine 2 months of rain.

Our Ginger is the same way, doesn't like to get her paws wet. The only way to get her out is if she sees a bunny in the yard...lol

pink
01-25-2010, 07:35 PM
We only had one bad day of rain today and it was crazy. I walked from the parking lot into school and literarlly my pants, shoes, jacket, hair, sweatshirt, t-shirt and even my underwear was soaked! It is still drying right now as we speak and that was hour ago.

:mickey:

Georgesgirl1
01-26-2010, 04:49 PM

Im Georgia we have been having awful rain too. After two years of severe drought, we have had weeks and weeks on end of rain and flood warnings at least once a month. In October it rained so bad that most of the metro Atlanta schools were canceled for a couple of days because roads had been washed out and schools had been flooded. Even some of the interstates had to be closed due to flooding of bridges!

I hate to hear that other parts of the country are having to deal with the same stuff. I hope the rains go away soon!