PDA

View Full Version : DC - Priceline

dinahvixen
01-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi, planning a trip with a friend and our collective 5 kids ages 8 down to 2. Never been before, looking for a hotel as close as possible for quick trips back for naps, meltdowns, emergency pool usage, etc. Has anyone ever used Priceline to book a hotel in DC? We're trying to stay around 100 bucks a night for 4 nights at the end of July. I've never used Priceline, so a little nervous about it. I would have no idea ahead of time how much parking is, whether the hotel has a pool, how close it is to a metro station, etc.
Any advice appreciated!

Touchdown
01-19-2010, 11:11 PM
DC has a very good, very clean and safe transportation system. To save some money you might want to expand your search to outlieing areas, provided they are walking distance (or provide free transportation to) a Metro station. Just make sure that you dont go to the Northeast part of the city (aka the green line) and you should be fine.

GAN
01-20-2010, 06:37 AM
I've used Priceline quite a bit(although not DC) with a lot of success. Do an internet search for "bidding for travel" you should find information regarding the specific hotels that people are winning with on priceline -it will also give info as to what bid amounts are being accepted. We usually go 4* figuring we will get something we will be more than satisfied with and always shoot for the $100/night range. Good Luck!

BowTie7
01-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Remember with priceline that you are not guaranteed a specific type of room, if you have more than 2 people per room or need more than one bed, you may wish to book elsewhere. This can especially be true in city center hotels with small rooms (like New York).

dinahvixen
01-23-2010, 11:22 AM
Thanks, I think we're going to book Priceline on a different trip where we're more familiar with the area, but this time, we'll just go with Holiday Inn!