PDA

View Full Version : FASTPASS Special Exchange Cards

jsdt
01-19-2010, 05:28 PM
We participated in Disney's Give a Day program. Some members of our group were already buying length of stay passes when they go, so the park admission is not that appealing to them. However, they saw these exchange cards. Does anyone know exactly how they work? I have read information that says it is basically a fastpass for 4 specific rides for you and up to 5 guests, but then I read something else that talked about this providing more fast passes than just 4. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks.

braindew
01-19-2010, 06:22 PM
We are in the same position. From what I can find...they are setup the same way as last years birthday celebration (if you chose FPs instead of free ticket). You were close. See below, you would have to go to a ticket booth window with the certificate, a valid ID (a birth certificate for kids), and a valid multi-day park pass (to prove you don't need a day pass). I noticed also that the fine print says limited number of these will be handed out each day (may not be available after 11am they say).

Copied driectly from another websight:

What is a Birthday FASTPASS?
One kiosk will always be open for Birthday FASTPASS users As part of the "What will you celebrate?" theme in 2009, if you attended a Disney park on your birthday and did not need to take advantage of the free 1-day base ticket, you could opt for a special Birthday FASTPASS card for you and up to 5 other guests with you.
The Birthday FASTPASS takes the form of a card that would be inserted into the FASTPASS kiosk instead of your park ticket, and would give you a FASTPASS with a Return Window that starts immediately. These cards do not give an unlimited number of FASTPASSes, however, and they are only good at the park at which you received the card.

The FASTPASS attractions are divided into two groups. The most recent list is as follows, but are subject to change. You will receive a list of the attractions with the FASTPASS card:

Magic Kingdom
Donald: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan's Flight, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain
Daisy: Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Jungle Cruise, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Stitch's Great Escape!
Epcot
Donald: Soarin', Test Track
Daisy: Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, Living with the Land, Maelstrom, Mission: SPACE
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Donald: Rock N Roller Coaster, Toy Story Midway Mania, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Daisy: Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show, Star Tours, Voyage of The Little Mermaid
Animal Kingdom
Donald: Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris
Daisy: Dinosaur, It's Tough to Be a Bug, Kali River Rapids

In general, you will get at least 2 FASTPASSes per card from each group - that is, two FASTPASSes for any combination of Donald rides, and two FASTPASSes in any combination of Daisy rides. The actual number has varied between two and four FASTPASSes per group, depending on the park and potentially expected crowd levels.
In addition, some people have reported not being able to get more than one FASTPASS at the same attraction with the same card, but as of last report this is allowed - especially since there aren't necessarily four attractions in a group.

Even if all the regular FASTPASSes are gone, you can STILL get an immediate FASTPASS using your Birthday FASTPASS card - there will be one kiosk left open for this purpose.

Note that using the Birthday FASTPASS card in no way affects your being able to use your regular park ticket to get regular FASTPASSes. You can use both independently, and your ability to get FASTPASSes with your park ticket follows the same rules as always as to when you can get another FASTPASS.

This promotion ended on December 31st, 2009. It is being replaced with a new one as part of "Give A Day, Get A Disney Day" as one of the alternate options and is expected to be essentially identical, but exact terms have not been disclosed and may not be known until some time after the beginning of 2010.

Imagineer1981
01-20-2010, 10:35 AM
As others have noted in other posts, the FP is good for up to 5 guests, so if you have a multi day trip, just use one persons free FP gift one day, then use another persons another day so you can maximize the FPs

crltkcagle
01-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Wow thanks for the info!

Dream'nDisney
01-20-2010, 05:52 PM
Do you mean to say that if each of us (4 in our family) has a Fastpass Special Exchange card, we can use one per day for 4 different days and we would each get to ride off of one Fastpass Special Exchange card per day? (p.s. that probably could have been worded better.) :blush:

Iluvpooh
01-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Yep-That is how it works. I called the other day to double check. My family is doing Pantry Partners at a local Ronald McDonald house this weekend. (Grocery donation and baking brownies for the residents)

Melanie
01-20-2010, 10:04 PM
Yep-That is how it works. I called the other day to double check. My family is doing Pantry Partners at a local Ronald McDonald house this weekend. (Grocery donation and baking brownies for the residents)

Thanks for checking on this. I've been trying to get a clear answer for a while now.

Iluvpooh
01-21-2010, 12:11 AM
Melanie, we are voulenteering on Saturday and leaving for WDW in 2 weeks. If it works any different than what I was told, I promise INTERCOT will be the 1st to know.

braindew
01-22-2010, 01:43 PM
I got my confirmation e-mail after we did the volunteering...it says allow 2 weeks for certificate e-mail. I hope it is quicker for iluvpooh's case.

Melanie
01-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Melanie, we are voulenteering on Saturday and leaving for WDW in 2 weeks. If it works any different than what I was told, I promise INTERCOT will be the 1st to know.

Thank you so much! Have a great trip. :mickey: