PDA

View Full Version : is CS DP a good idea?

tazo
01-19-2010, 12:45 AM
WE are a party of 6: 2 adults 4 kids ages 13, 11, 6, and two. my DD 13 and DS 11 are consedered adults for pricing. i do not planto do TS exept for a couple of times for the 6 night stay.
do you guys think i shoud go with the CS DP, or order groceries to be deliverd to our room?
PLZ tell me what you think
Thank s:mickey:
51 days to go :number1:

SBETigg
01-19-2010, 07:26 AM
The choice is between ordering groceries or getting the QS DP, or are you contemplating both? I think with the QS DP, you're getting the convenience of paying ahead of time, but not saving money. If you're looking to cut costs, skip the DP and pay as you go. Some people like to save extra money by having grocery items delivered for grab-and-go breakfasts or snack items. I probably wouldn't do it for lunch or dinner while on vacation, but it can help keep costs down.

BigRedDad
01-19-2010, 07:37 AM
I ran calculations in my head on this and I think the QSDP is extremely expensive if you do not plan accordingly to get the benefit. It is almost more difficult to plan than the regular DP.

Since we typically do not eat a desert, it is wasted money if you do not get a desert with your meal. I looked at the places we will typically eat, what we would order, and how we would make out financially. I added 50% to the entree prices to get an idea. One example is the following for a day:

MK
Lunch @ Cosmic Ray's:
1/2 lb Double Cheeseburger = $6.59
Drink = $3

Dinner @ Columbia Harbor House:
Chicken Nuggets and Fish = $8.19
Drink = $3

Snack1 = $4
Snack2 = $4

Total: $28.78
Add 50% for Entree: $36.17

The only way I can benefit from the QSDP is to insure I order desserts that I do not want, eat them, insure my snacks are $4 (most are not), and finding entrees that cost 50% more than they are.

Another thing, is we go as 3 adults and 1 child. We can order 2 or 3 meals that is more than enough for all of us. We will also bring our own snacks and breakfasts. In my experience, the DP's are a burden to my trip. Unless I am planning exactly where I will be with nearly no flexibility, I will wind up not using all of the credits or not using the value of the credits.

deedeebee
01-19-2010, 07:56 AM
To us the best thing about the dining plan is having it all paid for ahead of time. I don't have to worry about any of it. We have three kids and they are all now "adults" in the eyes of the dining plan. My two DD's 11 and 12, did not eat their dollar amount daily, that being said, it is still worth it to us. I would not enjoy cooking everyday on vacation, or really even once a day! I'm on vacation too:thumbsup:

disneymom15
01-19-2010, 09:51 AM
We always pay out of pocket. We rarely order dessert at CS rest. and sometimes we'll share a meal if we're not very hungry.

tazo
01-19-2010, 10:04 AM
thanks for all the replys :mickey:
it is true that usually we do not order deserts with the meal, and both my DD 13 and DS 11 usually share a meal, and my DS 6 doesnt eat much, so i guess it may be best to skip the QSDP and do the groceries for breakfast and some snacks, also water and milk
I still have a little while to think about it.
thanks again
50 days to go :number1: