PDA

View Full Version : MS Barber Shop-First Haircut/ Locks of Love

Iluvpooh
01-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Hey guys, my DD is 6 and is getting her first haircut!! (I know, I know) It is really long and she has decided to donate to Locks of Love. so, I have a few questions.
1. Do they still do something special for kids who are getting their first haircut?

2. Does it still apply when they are as old as she is?

3. Do they participate in the Locks of Love program or will I have to ask them bundle the hair so I can take it with me. (Strange thing to go through airport security with =)

4. Does the barber shop keep different
hours than the rest of Main Street?

Thanks guys-You are the best.

Alligirl
01-19-2010, 12:32 AM
What a wonderful thing your DD is doing! You must be very proud of her!
The only question I can help you with is the "bundle'. My DD did this twice and she just put it in a ponytail at the desired length and they cut it just above the pony, so the holder kept it together.(Just be sure to bring a ziplock bag with you to put the hair in and make sure that it stays dry.) After the initial cut then they can do the "style". Have a great trip!!:thumbsup:

tinkerbelle75
01-19-2010, 06:42 AM
I don't really know any of the answers to your questions, but THANK YOU to both you and your daughter. Locks of Love is a wonderful organization.My older daughter has donated many times and loves doing it..

BeccaO
01-19-2010, 11:24 AM
When we visited last January, we took our son for his 1st haircut at the barber shop on MS. They make a huge deal out of 1st haircuts, it is awesome!!! While we were there, a young girl was getting her haircut for Locks of Love, I do believe they put it into a pony tail and cut it off and then gave it back to her. I don't think you can make appts there, so we arrived right when the park opened and got in line outside the barber shop. It does get busy most days, so getting there as soon as the park opens is key. It really is a neat experience for the kids and the parents and they are so very nice!!!!