PDA

View Full Version : Steam Train Tours

mustBgoofy
01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
We are discussing taking the Magic Behind Our Steam Trains Tour on our upcoming trip. Does anyone know about what time you have to be there and will there be a bus to take us from CSR to the MK or would it be best to just take our car. This is an EMH day (11p-2a) so would it be best for us to just take our car so we could drive back to the resort? Also, I've heard that cameras aren't allowed on the tour, but is it ok to just have them in the bag? Any information on the tour will be great!

:train:

faline
01-18-2010, 08:31 PM
According to what I've read, you need to be at the gates to the Magic Kingdom. You should be able to get the early morning bus at 7:00.

mustBgoofy
01-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks, Faline!

Mitzie
01-21-2010, 08:40 AM
My in-laws did the tour this past Dec. on our trip. IPO at AKL told us that they would need to drive and I think they had to be there at 7:30. They drove their car and parked at Contemporary, north of the resort. There is a side walk that runs with the monorail line right up to the front gate of MK. Not sure about the pictures, but I know my Mom in law had her camera with her.

Loweschevy
01-21-2010, 09:29 AM
You are allowed to have a camera. The tour guide will tell you where you are not allowed to photograph-some of the backstage areas they want to keep private.

The tour is great-you get to view the roundhouse and you can see the monorails above the house. They discuss where the trains came from, the job duties of the rr workers, Walt Disney's history and stories, discuss maintenance of the trains and you also will have the opportunity to get up into the train as well.

TinyDancer
01-25-2010, 10:54 AM
This is a lot of fun!!! Definitely bring your camera, there will be at least one place you're going to want it! There are a few "interactive" parts where they choose someone to help switch the rails and whatnot. The conductor chose my dad which was awesome because my dad is a train fanatic. That's actually why we did it, it was a surprise for him, lol. It's 3 hours with a short break in the middle, very very fun. I even saw an alligator! If you haven't scheduled it yet, we did it on our very last day before we got picked up by Magical Express, it made a really nice ending to the trip (but it will use up a day on your ticket, of course). Ask a lot of questions and talk to everyone, there will be some other conductors back at the roundhouse and they love to chat! I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!!