PDA

View Full Version : Another Discount Question??????

goofymania
01-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Is it possible some how, some way to be able to get the room discount along with the gift card? Any solutions or assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

KylesMom
01-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Nope. Rule of thumb - Disney never lets you "double-dip" when it comes to promotions. In this case, you either choose the gift card with rack rate, or you get the discounted room rate with no gift card. Sorry!

WelshieLover
01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
It would be great to get both but not possible. We are heading to the BW this Saturday. Terrisue at Magical Journeys did the analysis when the gift card came out and we were much better off with the buy 4 get 3 deal.

Genie1953
01-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Nope.....one or the other....for us the room discount was the better deal....saved us about $630 versus the $500 gift card so we went with room discount and bypassed the gift card.

Iluvpooh
01-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Yes-The room discount is a better deal for us as well. The only way I would consider the GC promotion would be if you could use it to pay some on your reservation. (which we did last year.)
But, Disney fixed that loophole by making you have length of stay tickets already booked to qualify. We booked 1 day passes and then upgraded them after we checked in and used the GC to pay for the upgrade. it looks like we weren't the only people to do it or they wouldn't have changed the rules.

goofymania
01-18-2010, 08:51 PM
ok, thanks to all who responded back with great information. Wishful thinking i guess haha.. Thanks again

DizneyRox
01-19-2010, 06:59 AM
Disney almost never allows stacked "discounts". If they did that, then you would really be getting a discount. I've found that the promotions Disney runs are really just to play with people's perceptions of value. Getting money back (something tangible) is often enough to make people forget they are paying full price for something else.

Usually it's 6 of one, 1/2 dozen of another.

Jenemmy
01-19-2010, 07:15 AM
Yep -- we switched from GC to discount as well. And the previous poster is right.....it is all about perception. Even though I am saving money, it pains me to pass up on them handing me a hefty giftcard at check in -- LOL

jeromyanddana
01-19-2010, 09:49 PM
For us the GC and RM discounts were the same. The only difference really was that w/ the GC Disney got our money up front. We chose to go w/ the room discount w/only 1 night deposit and keep our money in the bank. I love Disney but its better for me to earn interest on that money than let Disney do it.