PDA

View Full Version : Why is the Magic Kingdom open late?

wjrhw
01-18-2010, 07:35 AM
We are going to WDW the week of January 25, and the Magic Kingdom hours are listed as open till 11:00 P.M. every night. Does anyone know why they would stay open late for this week?

I tried to plan so our trip would not fall on any holidays, as our last few January trips seemed very crowded for that time of year.

Thanks

BigRedDad
01-18-2010, 07:38 AM
This is only a guess and nothing more. I would guess that there are several northern states that have Winter Break and WDW has a large number of rooms booked. Superbowl is 2 weeks later than that, Daytona is 3 weeks later than that, and there are no breaks in FL that I am aware of.

I just checked WDW website and the MK hours are typically 8PM with one night being 9PM and an EMH one night until 11PM. You might have seen old data somewhere as well.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/calendars/?hdndateDesc=Monday%2C+January+25%2C+2010+-+Wednesday%2C+February+03%2C+2010&asmbly_endDate=20100203&asmbly_startDate=20100125

wjrhw
01-18-2010, 08:57 AM
Thanks, I hope it was just a typo. I read in on here on Intercot, and then later on Disney's official web site. I see it has changed back to more normal times.

BigThunderFan
01-18-2010, 09:56 AM
The calendar on Intercot still shows MK as open until 11pm next week, but every other site has it at 8pm.

SBETigg
01-18-2010, 10:09 AM
Most Winter breaks for the North fall during the President's Day week in February, hence the crowds then. So not sure what is up with the hours in the time period you mention.

wdwfansince75
01-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Is there a moderator in the house? Every other website, including Disney, has 8 PM for most nights, and 9 PM for Saturday. Are they all wrong?

KylesMom
01-18-2010, 03:54 PM
Is there a moderator in the house? Every other website, including Disney, has 8 PM for most nights, and 9 PM for Saturday. Are they all wrong?

Please see the Theme Park Hours note. Disney changes their operating hours frequently, hence the disclaimer as posted under Theme Park Hours in InfoCentral. Go with Disney's currently listed hours, and check again upon arrival - as they may change again.

Please Note: This list was accurate at the time of publishing. Disney however often changes park hours. Always call in advance to confirm or check upon arrival.