PDA

View Full Version : Number of people in 2 bedroom villa

magicjasb
01-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Can someone answer a question for me--does the 2 bedroom villa at BLT hold 9 plus one under 3, or 8 plus one under 3?
Thanks!

Here we go again...
01-18-2010, 01:04 AM
The 2 bedroom has a king size bed in the main bedroom, two full size beds in the 2nd bedroom (if it is a dedicated 2 bedroom - if not there will be a sleeper sofa and a full bed) and a full size sleeper sofa with a sleeper chair.
So, 9 people can fit and a child under 3.

magicjasb
01-18-2010, 07:35 AM
Thank you. I guess what I should have asked was how many people are allowed by Disney.

Ian
01-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Thank you. I guess what I should have asked was how many people are allowed by Disney.From http://www.intercot.com/resorts/dvc/beachclubvillas/default.asp

The Two Bedroom Villas: The Two-Bedroom Villas have an additional bedroom with a private bath, one queen size bed, and a double sleeper sofa. The larger villas accommodate eight adults, plus one child under 3. The Master suite has a king size bed and private bath with a whirlpool tub. There is a fully-equipped kitchenette, dining area, ceiling fans in living room and each bedroom, stack-style washer and dryer, microwave, wet bar, cable, color TV with DVD player in the living room and color TV in each bedroom, queen-size sleeper sofa in the living room and a private balcony or porch.So Disney's rule is eight adults, plus a child under 3.

laprana
01-18-2010, 10:50 AM
This is from DVC member services web site for a 2-bedroom at BLT (it's the same number for a 2-bedroom lock-off):

Dedicated Two-Bedroom Vacation Home
•Three full bathrooms
•Sleeps up to nine
•Master bedroom suite with king-size bed and connecting bathroom with whirlpool tub
•Second bedroom with separate bathroom and two queen-size beds
•Queen-size sleeper sofa and sleeper chair in living room
•Flat-panel TV and DVD player in living room, and flat-panel TV in master bedroom and the second bedroom
•Full kitchen includes: coffeemaker, dinnerware, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher and more
•Laundry area contains stacked washer and dryer
•Private balcony or porch

DebK
01-18-2010, 12:47 PM
The 2 bedroom villas at BLT and the Kidani section at the Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas can hold 9......And they have 3 bathrooms!

magicjasb
01-18-2010, 12:51 PM
This is where I am confused. I know the DVC says 8 plus one under 3. Then BLT says sleeps 9, where the others say sleeps 8. Is that 8 plus one, or is it 9 plus one? Am I making sense?

Ian
01-18-2010, 01:07 PM
All the DVC 2BR villas sleep adults and one child under 3. Some choose to market that as sleeps 8 adults plus a child under 3 and some just choose to say sleeps 9.

But none of them, to the best of my knowledge, sleeps 10 total.

magicjasb
01-18-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks. That answers my question!

wdwfansince75
01-18-2010, 03:50 PM
Well, not really....Disney allows you to make a reservation for 6 adults and 4 children at BLT in a two-bedroom suite, if one of the children is 2 or under. We planned exactly such a trip for later this year....even called after trying it on their website, and was assured that so long as the infant or toddler would use the Pack and Play that is already in each 2 BR suites.....BLT 2 BDRM's have 1 King in the master BR, 2 queens in the 2nd BR, and one queen sleeper and 1 arm chair sleeper...Plus a Pack and Play...

laprana
01-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Well, not really....Disney allows you to make a reservation for 6 adults and 4 children at BLT in a two-bedroom suite, if one of the children is 2 or under. We planned exactly such a trip for later this year....even called after trying it on their website, and was assured that so long as the infant or toddler would use the Pack and Play that is already in each 2 BR suites.....BLT 2 BDRM's have 1 King in the master BR, 2 queens in the 2nd BR, and one queen sleeper and 1 arm chair sleeper...Plus a Pack and Play...

Exactly, I think BLT and Kidani 2-bedrooms can sleep 9 adults PLUS a child 2 or under because they have the sleeper chairs and they have the Pack and Play already stashed in the closet. The other DVC resorts do not have the sleeper chairs, as far as I know, so they can only accommodate 8 adults. I think that's where the confusion is.

chefmickey3
01-18-2010, 05:52 PM
We are staying at a 2 bedroom at BLT in July. We have 6 adults, 3 children (ages 3,6,8) and one infant (14 months) on the reservation. With three bathrooms we will be so comfortable!

magicjasb
01-18-2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks. We have a 2 bedroom booked for 4 adults and 5 children, two of which are under 3. We have a friend that was thinking of joining us, but didn't know if that would not be allowed. It would be great if we could just add her to the reservation. I will call and ask.

Tinkermom
01-18-2010, 08:00 PM
With the sleeper chair added to Kidani and BLT these can sleep 9. I cannot see why you could not sleep 9 PLUS a child under 3 if in the other DVC 2 bedrooms you could sleep 8 plus a child under 3. :D

TinksDH
01-18-2010, 09:02 PM
From the DVC member website on BLT FAQ's:

What is the maximum occupancy?
The maximum occupancy for accommodations at Bay Lake Tower is as follows:
Studios = up to 4*
One-Bedrooms = up to 5*
Two-Bedrooms = up to 9*
Three-Bedroom Grand Villas = up to 12*
The increased occupancy in one-bedroom and two-bedroom units are due to the addition of a sleeper chair in the living room.
*Plus one child under age three in a crib.

So, 9 adults plus a child under 3 in a crib, so your friend can come and stay "legally" with you!

TinksDH
01-18-2010, 09:03 PM
All the DVC 2BR villas sleep adults and one child under 3. Some choose to market that as sleeps 8 adults plus a child under 3 and some just choose to say sleeps 9.

But none of them, to the best of my knowledge, sleeps 10 total.

Both BLT and AKL Kidani both sleep 9 plus a child under 3, so 10 people total.