PDA

View Full Version : AKL: Kidani VS. Jambo

tazo
01-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Please, can anyone tell me the pros and cons for both Kidani and Jambo for a one bedroom villa, and how is the lobby fir the kidani

DizneyRox
01-17-2010, 01:25 PM
Kidani is the first bus stop for the parks...

Jambo has a CS location, Kidani does not

The lobby at Kidani pales in comparison to Jambo House, but it's still nice

Rooms at Kidani are built as DVC rooms, Jambo house are converted hotel rooms.

tazo
01-17-2010, 01:36 PM
thanks for the info...
do you know if the Kidani has a walkout to see the animals from out side like in the Jambo!

CaptSmee
01-17-2010, 01:40 PM
Kidani is the first bus stop for the parks...

is this new? last year Jambo was 1st stop for pickup. not that it's really a concern...

DizneyRox
01-17-2010, 03:10 PM
All the parks stopped at Kidani first, then Jambo. DTD stops at Jambo first, then Kidani.

Instructions were posted: "To get to Jambo, hop on ANY park bus." I assume this is some rule the busses need to abide by, otherwise, guests will be angry when it takes then about 2 hours to get to Jambo. It may have changed, this was in effect last summer (09).

Yes, there is a walkout at Kidani off the lobby, again, probably not as grandious as Jambo, but it's nice.

Gift shop atJambo was bigger as well, and had a much better selection IMHO.

tazo
01-17-2010, 06:37 PM
thanks dizneyrox,
I had one more question... do you know if they had activities for the kids suuch as cookie decorating and things like that... i remember they had that when we went there three years ago.

DizneyRox
01-17-2010, 09:32 PM
I remember seeing a calendar of events, but not sure exactly what was on it (or if it was specific to Kidani or included both buildings)... AKL usually goes above and beyond... Also, I believe that you would be welcome at activities for either building. It's a 10 minute walk from one to the other.