PDA

View Full Version : Too cold for the animals at Kidani?

Alligirl
01-17-2010, 12:38 PM
We are headed down for the last weekend of Jan. and I am wondering if this terrible Florida cold has created a need for Disney to bring the animals in? Hubby is taking me as a Christmas gift, since I am in love with the idea of the animals right out off of the balcony! I hope we get to see them.
Anyone there recently enough to know?

GreenBeetle
01-17-2010, 01:17 PM
I believe I can help here.

We were there the first week of January (2-9). It was our first time at Kidani Village and was so looking forward to photographing the animals.(Little hobby of mine.) Let me tell you, those fabulous creatures did not disappoint!! I could not believe how un-phased they seemed by the freezing temperatures. A huge herd of cattle slept outside our balcony every night. We saw zebra, giraffes, ostrich . . . in fact, everything on the list they hand out at check-in. I took over 900 photos. I was thrilled. Just bundle up to stand outside at the observation spots or on your balcony and you should be fine.

Have a great time!! I wish I was going back with you. :cloud9:

Alligirl
01-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Thank you so much for the encouraging report Green!!!! I am so excited to go!:D

WishesFan13
01-17-2010, 07:42 PM
DH and i just got back on Friday from our 1st stay at Kidani. I was a little disappointed during the 1st 2 days of our trip because we didn't see many animals except the ostrich, he was out everyday. it seems like it may have just been the time of day we were looking though. We went back in the middle of the day one day and they were all out. It got warmer as the week went on and the animals were out more. We found they were out more in the early morning, mid-afternoon and in the evening. If you're planning on a relaxing stay with spending a good amount of time at the hotel then you should be fine. it was awesome to be able to sit on your balcony and see them. I could have watched them for hours. I'm with green i wanna go back too, Kidani is beautiful. If you have time take advantage of the activities that are planned throughout the day like the cultural tour of sanaa. We didn't have time since it was just a short trip for us, but i would like to stay again and spend more time enjoying all the things the resort has to offer. Hope you have a great trip.

peemagg
01-17-2010, 10:05 PM
I believe that they take the animals in from 6 am to 12 pm for check ups and so that the keepers can take care of the grounds that they stay on. The reasoning for this time is that people are busy getting ready for their day and heading out to the parks.

DVC Mike
01-17-2010, 10:11 PM
I was at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge last night and I saw animals on the savanna.

GreenBeetle
01-18-2010, 03:09 AM
. . . I could have watched them for hours.

:yes: :yes: :yes: