PDA

View Full Version : Contemporary or Epcot Resorts?

MizMissy
01-17-2010, 10:41 AM
I'm having Disney withdrawals and have decided to book a trip at the end of May for our family. If it were just the kids and I, we would pick a moderate, but DH is a bit high maintenance.:secret: So, I'm looking at the Contemporary (I just love the walk to the Magic Kingdom), but the Epcot resorts are also pulling me in with the location right next door to Epcot and a short distance to DHS.
Considering my picky husband, which resorts are most newly renovated? I know the Contemporary recently went through a full renovation. But I remember hearing stories about some of the Epcot resorts showing a bit of wear. Have they been renovated recently? Are any of the resorts still undergoing renovations?
Also, of the BW, YC and BC, which one is closer to Epcot and which one is closer to DHS?

Thanks for the responses.

beksy
01-17-2010, 10:48 AM
We just got back from our first stay at the CR (we stayed in the tower with a theme park view) and fell in love with it. The closeness to MK and the monorail being right downstairs can't be beat! Of course, MK is our favorite park so that would make a difference. The room and hallways were very nice. The room was spacious with a nice balcony (if it hadn't been too cold to use!) and the rooms were super comfy. It will probably end up our "home" resort. We visited some of the Epcot resorts and they seemed really nice as well. Our favorite was the Boardwalk (just more "us") but the Beach Club and Yacht Club were also nice. I'd go with whichever park you'll be spending the most time at.

Maleficent_vf
01-17-2010, 11:44 AM
The Boardwalk was rennovated recently. We were there in March '09 and had a newly refurb. room on the Inn side. They were working on exterior upkeep on the villa side.

We love the Boardwalk. :thumbsup: Being in walking distance of two parks is excellent, plus there's plenty to keep you occupied at the Boardwalk and nearby resorts.

bruin1344
01-17-2010, 12:21 PM
I am a big fan of Epcot resorts because of the short walk to Epcot and DHS being in walkable distance. I enjoy the nightlife at Boardwalk. When I stayed at BC Villas in 2008 and spend time at YC and BW, it didnt notice those resorts showing any wear. BC is closest to Epcot and Boardwalk is closest to DHS.

PetefromRI
01-18-2010, 09:49 AM
Anytime that I can stay on a monorail resort I will.How about Bay Lake Tower?That's brand new.

disneyboundagain
01-18-2010, 12:24 PM
I'd say dump the husband, but that might be a little extreme:D:D

Or not....:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Contemporary tower MK view room can't be beat. The rooms are a lot smaller at Bay Lake, unless you get a 1BR. We weren't overly impressed with BLT, we like the tower room a lot more.

pirateyankee80
01-19-2010, 09:30 PM
:walk:All the EPCOT resorts are close to EPCOT, a very short walk and a very short boat ride to DHS. My DW and I can’t remember if you can walk to DHS or not, though. If you can it probably would be as long a walk as the one from CR to MK. Anyway we love the BC and are going back this November. Don’t recall it looking in disrepair. The lagoon area by the EPCOT resorts is beautiful. Once again it is a short walk to all the EPCOT restaurants and EPCOT World Showcase. :walk:

MizMissy
01-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Thanks everyone for the responses! I showed pictures to my DH and not only is he "high maintenance" but he also prefers modern architecture ..... so looks like the Contemporary even though the kids picked the BW after seeing pictures of the pool slide. Oh well, I do not think there is a wrong choice (or I hope there isn't a wrong choice) and we should have a great trip wherever we stay on property.
Now on to the other decisions - although, I might be the one picking dining options and days and just let everyone else enjoy the ride.