PDA

View Full Version : Mama Melrose or Cape May Buffet

goofynmd
01-17-2010, 10:06 AM
Looking for opinions on which one to try for dinner one of the days we go to DHS. We have never been to either. Is either one more "kid friendly" than the other?

MNNHFLTX
01-17-2010, 10:58 AM
If you were talking breakfast, than yes, I would say Cape May is more child-friendly (they have the Character Meal for breakfast). But for dinner, I don't think one restaurant is more appealing to children than another. I have to say that I have never been overly impressed with Cape May, even though I love seafood. Mama Melrose's has had its critics lately too though, so it might be a toss-up. Do your kids like seafood? If not, I would lean toward recommending Mama Melrose's. It would be hard to find kids who wouldn't like the mac and cheese, spaghetti or pizza that's on the kids menu (although Cape May may have similar offerings on their children's menu--I'm not sure).

JoDisney
01-17-2010, 11:10 AM
We liked Cape May Buffet for dinner. We have three boys and they love seafood. So since it was a buffet, they enjoyed very much. It is not the number 1 seafood restaurant, but they enjoyed the clam buckets! So, we always include it in our restaurants to stop in.
Concerning Mama's, we did not like the food at all. We went once and that was enough. The service was extremely bad and actually not pleasant or nice. Must have been a bad day for the server. However, it was enough to turn us against the restaurant. We cannot bring ourselves to go back. I hope you have better luck, if you decide to go.

bruin1344
01-17-2010, 12:53 PM
Cape May is one of my favorite restaurants, there is something there for everyone, even if you dont like seafood, and I always leave there extremely stuffed.

I wasnt impressed with Mama Melrose but being from Boston and part Italian, I am an Italian food snob.

sassafras
01-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Never been to Mama Melrose's, but go to Cape May on a regular basis. Usually the kids buffet has macaroni and cheese, pizza...that sort of stuff. Plus the regular buffet usually has some type fish, clams, peel and eat shrimp, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, gravy, chicken, ribs, prime rib along with a lot of other items. Add to that a dessert buffet that has everything from cookies to flan and everything in between!
Table cloths are just paper with a bucket of crayons for the kids to draw on them. And, there's alway salt water taffy when you pay the bill for later! I think your kids will enjoy it!

DVC2004
01-17-2010, 02:33 PM
We like both., but we did the Cape May Clambake last month and it was great. The kids had alot ot choose from and we loved the selections for adults. As mentioned, they can color right ont the paper tablecloth covering. Lots of good desserts too. I would give Cape May a try!

TiggerCat
01-17-2010, 06:31 PM
We loved both but I'm getting a little worried about Mama Melrose's with the recent menu change.

TC.

clausjo
01-18-2010, 03:57 PM
We love Cape May! We're going back in just a couple of weeks and my kids are so excited. My DD doesn't eat seafood and there was more than enough for her to eat. My DS loved the clam buckets and just can't wait to get back. We ate at Mama Melrose's years ago and it was good, but nothing to write home about. We haven't been back since, not because it wasn't good, but mostly because we just don't spend that much time at the Studios.

Through the looking Glass
01-19-2010, 03:50 PM
Another for Cape May. Kids have a good time drawing on the tables. Lots and lots to choose from. We would rather go to Tony's town square (MK), than MM. Was not impressed with MM last time we ate there.

Maybe we will see you there!!

Imagineer1981
01-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Cape May for sure, they have tons of seafood, a childrens bar with chicken fingers, mac and cheese, pizza, etc, and also a "land" selection with different meats, potatoes, soups, veggies, etc. Extremely good, and you can color on the table. We go every trip