PDA

View Full Version : My Hard drive

Dizneyana
01-17-2010, 09:56 AM
I think that my hard drive is giving me the death rattle! ugh.

it keeps me on my toes and moving from my lap top to my desktop.

I think that I better get on the ball here before something really bad happens and my hard drive is toast. Keep your fingers crossed that it makes it that far.

Okay, time to go back to bed - both me and the computer. Nite, nite! :zzz:

Mousefever
01-17-2010, 05:47 PM
I know how you feel. My hard drive is infected with an annoying virus. My laptop is a Macbook, and instead of getting my hard drive cleaned up, I went out and got a second Macbook. I'm so tired of all the maintenance required to keep a PC healthy and protected!

Amy

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Quick, back it up!

Goofy4TheWorld
01-17-2010, 10:38 PM
I had a sudden hard drive failure a few years back, and I was lucky enough that everything was backed up to a CD, but the CD was 6 months old. So any data I had entered into my many Excel files had to be re-entered, but we were lucky to have not lost any pictures (strange that we had not taken any pictures in that 6 month period.)

After that near-miss, I researched online backup options and signed up for a service called Carbonite. It automatically backs up all of my data files (or any other files I tell it to) to a remote server on the web. I pay $50 a year for unlimited storage, and its worth every penny for the peace of mind it gives me. In addition to protecting me from computer crashes, it is the perfect way to preserve most of our pictures in the event of a total loss of our home (fire, etc...).

Several weeks ago my laptop's fans stopped turning and essentially ruined the computer. Thanks to Carbonite, I didn't loose a thing. I am true believer. I actually have it on my computer, my wife's computer, and I use it to back up my computer at work.

TiggerCat
01-18-2010, 08:13 PM
I feel your pain. I have lost enough data over the years so I now back everything up to a backup drive. I think Costco carries 1TB for around $100.

TC.

brownie
01-19-2010, 10:47 PM
Back it up now, before it's too late.

MegaDisney
02-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Mozy is your friend...

Dizneyana
02-02-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks guys...

Bryant, I've heard good things about Mozy.. I might have to mosey there and check it out... (Okay, I know that was REALLY baaad.) :blush:

Best thing that I am doing right now is not using that machine and relying on my laptop instead... :( Kind of a cop out, huh? I'll get to it, I promise...