PDA

View Full Version : Heart Broken

cmshelton1979
01-16-2010, 07:53 PM
I was at my local mall and I found out they are closing our Disney store. This is my slice of Disney that is local...They said it wasn't due to business but it stinks......

It was truly disappointing to find this out tonight :(

Rekenna
01-16-2010, 08:24 PM
I know! They are closing ours in Florence, KY. I posted a thread about this on another forum and someone responded that they were closing theirs in Tennessee.

I don't get it, our is always packed-people are buying, not just looking. This is the one store we always visit at the mall. Now I have no reason to go there.

I was able to get DS4 and DS2 really nice Mickey Mouse jackets for $10 each and a t-shirt for me for $6, but that was it. I am so, so dissapointed.:(

MushuGrl
01-16-2010, 10:07 PM
OH NO! THEY'RE CLOSING FLORENCE?? One of my best friends on the planet lives in Villa Hills and we always take a trip to DS in Florence when I'm there.

LittleRoosMommy
01-16-2010, 10:09 PM
They are closing the store at Dulles Town Center as well. I just got an email the other day!

cmshelton1979
01-16-2010, 10:09 PM
We always go in there too. This is where we buy our shirts for our trips......My wife and I are really dissapointed. We have 1 more Disney store at another mall that isn't too far but the store is a lot smaller than the one they are closing.

Rekenna
01-16-2010, 10:18 PM
OH NO! THEY'RE CLOSING FLORENCE?? One of my best friends on the planet lives in Villa Hills and we always take a trip to DS in Florence when I'm there.

Sadly, yes. On or before 2/20 is what their sign and email says.:( I think the closest store is in Louisville-unless they close that too.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-16-2010, 11:52 PM
I thought I read that they were going to start OPENING more stores again? I know they recently opened up again in Natick & Burlington, MA. Both these stores were closed about a year or so ago and reopened in the past few months.

d_m_n_n
01-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Which mall in Indpls? Please don't tell me the Greenwood one :(

Dizneyana
01-17-2010, 09:37 AM
They closed mine several years go, amd I too was heartbroken. :(

But, about 6 months ago they opened an outlet store. Granted it's not pretty and you have to paw through stuff to find anything good, but it is SOOOOOOO worth it, and you can't beat the prices. It was supposed to move on around Labor Day and it is still there :clappy: , so I am taking full advantage of it.

Here's to Disney! :beer:

cmshelton1979
01-17-2010, 10:16 AM
Which mall in Indpls? Please don't tell me the Greenwood one :(

Yes, sadly the Greenwood one :(

d_m_n_n
01-17-2010, 11:13 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooo :cry:

Kathy Jetson
01-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Just got word today they are closing the store at Broadway at the Beach here in Myrtle Beach I'm heartbroken too we were under the impression that this was one of the stores that would be getting a makeover. There is another store on the north end of Myrtle Beach I just hope they keep that one. The one at Broadway always seemed to be busy too.:confused:

LuvDaDuckMost
01-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Disney doesn't own the Disney stores. The only Disney Store that is actually owned by Disney is the NYC 5th Avenue store. The others were sold off in the Eisner days to Hoop Retail the same people who own The Childrens Place.

Just like Disney does not own the Swan or Dolphin Resorts. Those are located on Disney owned property is all.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Disney took the stores back over last year I believe it was. The Children's Place has nothing to do with them any more.

And the store on 5th Ave is or has already closed and is moving to Time Square and should be open by late fall.

And the Swan & Dolphin are owned by Tishman, run by Starwood Lodging and Disney is their landlord.

Jenemmy
01-19-2010, 07:24 AM
I feel your pain --- They closed both stores in my area years ago.....<sigh> Florence was one of my options for a quick fix -- BUMMER!!!!

yourmagicalguide
01-19-2010, 09:40 AM
Yes, sadly the Greenwood one :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :cry: I just found out they're closing the one in Fort Wayne this April (which is a terrible loss since that store is ALWAYS packed!), but I was thinking I could just shop at the one in Greenwood instead :sob:

Why is Disney taking our little pieces of magic away?!? :confused:

DVC2004
01-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Disney took the stores back over last year I believe it was. The Children's Place has nothing to do with them any more.

And the store on 5th Ave is or has already closed and is moving to Time Square and should be open by late fall.

And the Swan & Dolphin are owned by Tishman, run by Starwood Lodging and Disney is their landlord.

Correct, Disney took the Disney Stores back from Children's Place last year. I think Children's Place had filed bankruptcy...

I don't go to the DS much anymore. I feel like it's full of mugs, t-shirts and princess gowns. None of which we buy. I would love to see them be more like "World of Disney" with more of a variety and perhaps a few more unique items.

cmshelton1979
01-19-2010, 10:25 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :cry: I just found out they're closing the one in Fort Wayne this April (which is a terrible loss since that store is ALWAYS packed!), but I was thinking I could just shop at the one in Greenwood instead :sob:

Why is Disney taking our little pieces of magic away?!? :confused:

At least they will still have the Castleton Square store still open.

d_m_n_n
01-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Correct, Disney took the Disney Stores back from Children's Place last year. I think Children's Place had filed bankruptcy...

I don't go to the DS much anymore. I feel like it's full of mugs, t-shirts and princess gowns. None of which we buy. I would love to see them be more like "World of Disney" with more of a variety and perhaps a few more unique items.

I don't buy much there anymore either...except light up toys on clearance for trips!!! I just loved walking in and feeling a little Disney spirit. I was so happy when I went in during the holiday shopping season and the CM told me to have a magical day. And now, it is gone :(

FutureFairygodmother
01-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Has any one heard about any closing in NJ?

Minnie97
01-19-2010, 05:12 PM
They are closing ours to I can't beleive it i'm really sad.Ours is in Roanoke Va. Mom went by and said half the store is roped off. They are completly closing this weekend and maybe before that!!!!!!:(:(:(:(

MegaDisney
01-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Here is an unofficial list:

AL
Madison Square Mall location
Tanger Outlets Foley location

AR
Northwest Arkansas Mall

CA
Moreno Valley Mall at Towngate
Capitola Mall
Westfield Palm Desert Town Center
Weberstown Mall
Stonestown Galleria

CO
Westminster Mall
Town Center at Aurora

CT
The Pavilions at Buckland
Westfield Meriden
Simon Crystal Mall

FL
Tyrone Square
Regency Square Mall
Sarasota Square
Coconut Point Town Center
Prime Outlets at Ellenton

GA
Gwinnett Place

IA
Northpark Mall

ID
Boise Town Square

IL
Stratford Square Mall
Golf Mill Shopping Center
Yorktown Center
Cherryvale Mall
Northwoods Mall
Westfield Hawthorne

IN
Castleton Square
University Park Mall
Circle Centre Mall
Greenwood Park Mall
Tippecanoe Mall

KS
Towne East Square

KY
Florence Mall

LA
The Esplanade

MD
St. Charles Towne Center
Lakeforest Mall
Valley Mall

MI
Twelve Oaks Mall
Genesee Valley Center
Somerset Collection
Fashion Square Mall

MO
Chesterfield Towne Center
Crestwood Plaza
St. Louis Galleria
Westfield Mid Rivers
Independence Center
St. Louis Mills
Zona Rosa

NC
Hanes Mall
Four Seasons Town Center
Valley Hills Mall

NE
Oak View Mall

NH
Pheasant Lane Mall
Mall of New Hampshire

NJ
Quaker Bridge Mall
Newport Centre
Ocean County Mall
Jackson Premium Outlets

NY
Walden Galleria
Galleria at Crystal Run
Sunrise Mall
Poughkeepsie Galleria
Jefferson Valley Mall
Sangertown Square
South Shore Mall
Greece Ridge Center
Tanger Outlet at Deer Park

OH
Tri-County Mall
Great Northern Mall
Great Lakes Mall
Parmatown Mall
Summit Mall
Southern Park Mall

PA
South Hills Village
Park City Center
Montgomery Mall
The Mall at Steamtown
Westmoreland Mall
Harrisburg Mall
Ross Park Mall
Capital City Mall
Century III Mall
Logan Valley Mall
Berkshire Mall
Exton Square Mall
The Mall at Robinson
The Outlets at Hershey
Rockvale Square Outlets
Philadelphia Premium Outlets

SC
Broadway at the Beach

TN
Cool Springs Galleria

TX
West Oaks Mall
Valley View Center
Lakeline Mall
Vista Ridge Mall
Pearlland Town Center

VA
Virginia Center Commons
Chesapeake Square
Spotsylvania Towne Centre
Prime Outlets at Williamsburg

WA
Westfield Vancouver

WI
Tanger Outlets Wisconsin Dells

WV
Huntington Mall

d_m_n_n
01-28-2010, 10:14 PM
So sad for the residents of Indiana. With the unofficial list, there won't be a location left :cry:

Pirate Granny
02-01-2010, 08:13 PM
The disney store in the Southland Mall, Taylor, MI is closing...ugh...I always could find a sale or two anytime I went in there...now the closest store is Great Lakes Crossing...boo...you never find any sales at the World of Disney in DTD...although I could and have spend almost a day there just browsing and shopping...
:pirate:

coneygoil
02-02-2010, 09:25 AM
I remember when my local Disney Store closed back in '03. It was the cool, old store (not the toy overload store nowadays). I practically LIVED at the Disney Store for the ten years in was open. The CMs knew us very well and we even were invited to special CM events. I miss it :(

Rekenna
02-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Now I feel selfish, I was taking a look at the "Unoffical List"-which is probably pretty official-and I thought about all of those people losing their jobs, instead of myself and losing my Disney Store. Ugh!:(

Stich8818
02-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Count the one in Canton OH as another closing and not because of sales but because of the mall. The store closing is to make way for another overpriced clothing store. But hey I guess it's buisness. I guess it's alright though in September I get to go to that really big Disney Store in DTD:cloud9:

Dizneyana
02-03-2010, 03:35 PM
They closed mine several years ago. I was heart broken as well...:(

Now I have to drive almost 2 hours in either direction (one doing a Canadian border crossing) to get to a store.

They did however, bring in a temporary outlet store that had a bunch of great stuff at fabulous prices. I think the Cast Members in there got tired of seeing me... :blush:

civilmousefan
02-03-2010, 03:55 PM
The store closest to me - West Dundee, IL Spring Hill Mall is not on your list, but it has a sign in the front stating that it too will be closing. I think it is very unfortunate and I will miss it.