PDA

View Full Version : Confused...please help...

PixieMagic
01-16-2010, 06:30 PM
So, I may be way behind on terminology, however, after reading about the fantasy land rehab several times...I dismissed the term E-Ticket....however, revisiting this concept several months later I find myself still wondering...

What exactly does this mean? Is Disney just referring to this new ride as E-Ticket as nastolgia and basing it on the fact that they know it will be an uber popular attraction... or are they going to regulate, monitor, and/or charge extra for this attraction??

Please help me understand....

Melanie
01-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Back in the early days of Disney theme parks, in addition to general admission, ticket books were also used. The books consisted of tickets with denominations of A-E. "E" tickets were used for the newest, most popular, thrilling attraction. Therefore, new and/or popular attractions are still referred to as an "E ticket".

What exactly does this mean? Is Disney just referring to this new ride as E-Ticket as nastolgia and basing it on the fact that they know it will be an uber popular attraction... or are they going to regulate, monitor, and/or charge extra for this attraction??

What attraction are you referring to? Or are you referring to the re-imagined Fantasyland as a whole.

PixieMagic
01-16-2010, 08:30 PM
In looking at the fantasy land refurb the little mermaid attraction was referred to as an E-Ticket attraction............

seanyred
01-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Along the line of what the previous poster stated. The E-Ticket now denotes a major attraction. Therefore WDI is marketing the Little Mermaid Attraction an E-Ticket because it is expected to be a major ride. (no extra charge but I'm sure by 2012 tickets will cost more:secret:)

WDWdriver
01-16-2010, 11:02 PM
As Melanie said, the tickets (ride coupons) are no longer in use. So in modern terms "E-ticket" simply means that the attraction is popular and will often have long queue times. There is no extra charge to ride.