PDA

View Full Version : Can I keep a surprise 5 more days?

wdw_bound
01-16-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm taking DS on a surprise trip to the world next week - and the anticipation is killing me! :party:

I've got the room paid for, the tickets are in my armoire, and the flights are booked (part of his birthday present - his first time on a plane). ME and ADRs are booked and confirmed. Heck, I've even confirmed my parking/shuttle reservations. The only thing that is not completely nailed down is our park plans (other than going to MK after checking in) because I want him to have a say in what we are doing, since the trip is designed to be all about him.

Still trying to decide how to tell him. When we gave his sister a birthday trip a few years ago, she was already reading. He's not, so whatever we do will have to be visual.

I am really looking forward to this precious Mommy and Me time with my little guy!:mickey:

faline
01-16-2010, 03:25 PM
How exciting for both of you! I think you'll make it!

Daisy'sMom
01-16-2010, 06:17 PM
What a wonderful surprise for your DS. Emjoy every minute of it, before you know it, he will be taking his own son. :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-17-2010, 12:29 AM
He's going to be so excited! Have a fantastic time.

vizsla
01-17-2010, 06:09 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

wdw_bound
01-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Ooooh, the pressure is building! Last night we were channel surfing and FLN had "What you get for the money: Walt Disney World" and DS jumped up and down asking that we watch that - because he loves Disney and hasn't been in "forever!" I had to work really hard to look casual:blush:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
01-17-2010, 09:44 PM
Stay strong! It's almost time to go.

pdrlkr
01-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink:

KylesMom
01-18-2010, 02:57 PM
What a wonderful surprise for DS - have a magical time! Let us know how you decide to spring it on him! :mickey:

Kim Possible
01-18-2010, 03:34 PM
good luck and have fun! i'd have such a hard time keeping that a surprise too

divinedi
01-19-2010, 11:55 AM
You can do this!! You've lasted this long, a couple more days will be a breeze, and just think about the look on his face and how excited he'll be to go'today'! No suggestions on how to spring the surprise, let us know how it went.

wdw_bound
01-19-2010, 05:49 PM
DS comes into our room at 5 am to announce that "the day after tomorrow is my birthday!!!" I've been joking around with him that his big surprise will be peas and asparagus (his two favorite veggies). So I asked if he'd decided how he wanted them cooked. He got very serious and said "you know mommy, I know you are just kidding. But, mommy, it would be ok if that is what I got. I know it would hurt your feelings if I didn't say thank you for the peas and asparagus."

Now you understand how this boy can melt my heart!

So, since he can't read, we've worked out a series of small gifts that have something to do with the trip. I bought a matchbox airplane and have written his name and "Mommy" on the tag. Last year at the beach, we came across a Lightenin' McQueen fanny pack that we are going to give him. Then DH ordered some t-shirts from disney.com, and, finally, we have a giftcard holder card that we can record a message on. The message will be "you are going to Disney World!"

We leave on Saturday for an early, early flight, get into MCO around 9:15. It's his first flight. Then we take ME to ASMo. He's always asked about the cool buses, so it will be a thrill to get to actually ride in one.

The plan is very loose and flexible - we'll probably end up at MK Saturday afternoon. Depending on how warm it is, DS will probably want to check out the pool, and since it looks like Saturday will be our warmest day, we'll probably try to work that in as well. I know we have to be at DHS for rope drop either Sunday or Monday to FP TSM, but other than that, I don't really have a plan this time. I know, shocking, right? The ueber-planner doesn't have a grid. I thought I'd just let DS lead the way. We have 3 day hoppers, and enough time on Tuesday to do some damage at DTD before heading back to MCO.

Does anyone else get that tingly inside feeling just thinking about how much fun they are going to have with their kids at WDW???:mickey:

DisneyDog
01-20-2010, 09:52 AM
We surprised my DS7 with a trip when he was 5. My folks live in Palm Beach, so I told him we were going to visit Mommom and Poppop. We got on the plane, landed, got to the airport (it was midnight and all the shops were closed by this point -- and he was pretty tired), we went down the escalator, and my folks were waiting there with a sign with a picture of Mickey. We got him all the way to Orlando and then surprised him! It was awesome, and really, really hard to keep it a secret! But, I know that if we had told him, he wouldn't have slept! Good luck with the surprise. It is SO worth it to see the look on their faces. You will never forget it!