PDA

View Full Version : Vero Beach 1 BR for five people?

mouseketeer mom
01-16-2010, 12:52 PM
We are stopping at Vero for a 3 night stay either before or after our August WDW trip. Can a 1BR villa acccomodate a family of five?

Tinkermom
01-18-2010, 08:10 PM
1 bedrooms can only accomodate 4 people as there are only 2 beds. 1 king in the master and a sleeper sofa in the living area.

DVC used to allow 5 in a one bedroom but will not provide any bed linens for another bed. We have done it when our kids were smaller and just brought an Aero bed. I would call Member Services to see if you could still do this. This may have changed since the newer DVC resorts (Kidani and Bay Lake Towers) at WDW can sleep 5 with the addition of a sleeper chair. This may not have impacted Vero though.

mouseketeer mom
01-19-2010, 07:32 AM
1 bedrooms can only accomodate 4 people as there are only 2 beds. 1 king in the master and a sleeper sofa in the living area.

DVC used to allow 5 in a one bedroom but will not provide any bed linens for another bed. We have done it when our kids were smaller and just brought an Aero bed. I would call Member Services to see if you could still do this. This may have changed since the newer DVC resorts (Kidani and Bay Lake Towers) at WDW can sleep 5 with the addition of a sleeper chair. This may not have impacted Vero though.

I thought a one bedroom was only for 4 people..however, when booking a room online as a cash customer, and plugging in the five of us, (the kids are 10 and above)..it is allowing me to book a one bedroom. I am confused by this.

DVC2004
01-19-2010, 09:45 AM
5 are allowed in a 1 BR but there is no roll away available. Basically you would need to bring an air mattress or if they are kids then possibly sleep together or put the pullout sleeper sofa cushions on the floor to make a "bed". Extra blankets are always available at no extra charge upon request/extra balnkets and pillows, I don't know about sheets to make an all-out bed (but extra towels will be charged). 5 are never allowed, however, in studio unless one is an infant.

Ed
01-22-2010, 07:17 AM
I believe I read recently that Vero has added "sleeper chairs" which increase the capacity to 5. I'll see if I can locate the source of that info; I think it may have been in a recent DVC newsletter.